THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

QandBrew

Got Wood.
After my first attempt at babybacks turned out with decent flavor but with the texture of an old catchers mitt, I went looking for help. Thanks to the plethora of info I found on this site my second attempt turned out much better. Heres what I did: Cut 1 rack of baby-backs in half, applied two rubs plus a little Montreal Steak seasoning and put the ribs on my weber performer (directly on the rack opposite the coals and over the water pan) with Kingsford charcoal. Spritzed with apple juice after the first hour. After two hours in the smoke (mostly cherry with a little hickory) I let them go for a half hour with no smoke. Next, into the foil with squeeze Parkay, brown sugar, onion powder, honey, and a little homemade Q sauce. Two and a half more hours in the foil then removed from foil and baked on sauce for about 40 minutes continuously saucing and flipping. Temp was 225 - 250. Used chimney starter to start fire. Maintaining the temp was a bit laborious. Any tips/crtitiques on maintaining temp or anything else I posted are greatly appreciated. Here are a few pics. Thanks for your help.

Attachments

• Rubs.jpg
    Rubs.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 126
  • Finished_Product.jpg
    Finished_Product.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 127
They sure look good. But why use Parkay instead of real butter?

Definitely would have preferred real butter instead of solid oil. Didn't know I was out of butter until it was too late and the Parkay was the only other option in the fridge. Lesson learned on preparation.

Back