THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

patrickjf1

MemberGot rid of the matchlight.
I currently have a trailer grill. There are only two drawbacks. One the hopper is too mall. The other is the auger does not have a reverse. Yesterday my auger got jammed by some wood pellets. Now I'm looking for two brands Myron Mixon Pitman ter or a Davy Crocket. Does anyone have experience with either brand? :blah:

What brand of trailer grill? Or did you mean Traeger?

What type of pellets are you using? Pellet jams happen, but I'm not aware of any pellet cookers with a reverse setting.

But, if you are sure you want a new one, look at RecTec, Yoder, MAK or Memphis. They are the best on the market. I love my Memphis Pro, but if I were buying now I would buy a Yoder.

The Myron Mixon pellet grill does not have a pit temp probe so you don't have any way to thermostatically control the cooker temp. You need to spend more money and get a better pellet grill.

Back