THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

J

jgibb

Is there a good beef roast that can be smoked well? I've smoked Brisket, Ribs, Chicken Wings and a Pork Roast. I'd like to add a beef roast to my list and at some point, a leg of lamb. I am wondering if one type of beef roast is better than another type. Thoughts from the pros?

What's your goal?

For pulled beef then cook a chuck. I cook it similar to a butt, watching for it to probe like butter.

If you want sliced beef then cook a round or a sirloin and take it to 125 internal and then rest before slicing for a nice medium rare.

What's your goal?

For pulled beef then cook a chuck. I cook it similar to a butt, watching for it to probe like butter.

If you want sliced beef then cook a round or a sirloin and take it to 125 internal and then rest before slicing for a nice medium rare.

exhibit A-

eye of the orund

Last edited:
I don't know what my goal is. Maybe both? That eye of round looks great but the pulled beef also sounds amazing. So, why not both? :-D

I just did a chuckie yesterday turned out awesome.
100_4333.jpg
[/IMG]

Then do both! :-D

BTW, when I cook chuck I go to a local meat parket where I can get a large roast. I hate the little 2-3 lb. roasts at the grocery store. They are to easy to dry out. I prefer 7-8 lbs. Leftovers are great!

Then do both! :-D

BTW, when I cook chuck I go to a local meat parket where I can get a large roast. I hate the little 2-3 lb. roasts at the grocery store. They are to easy to dry out. I prefer 7-8 lbs. Leftovers are great!

I have a great meat market close to me. I agree about the leftovers!

Back