New Weber Summit Kamado

I use lump in my weber kettle all the time, and ended up buying another charcoal grate, putting it on top of the existing one, but turned 90 degrees. Makes the holes much smaller so the little bits of lump stick in the grates instead of dropping down to the bottom of the BBQ. This has helped with the sweeper system for me.

I'm curious about this new kamado as well. Looks like it will be pretty versatile without the weight of a ceramic kamado.

Thanks I will try that...think I have an extra bottom grate laying around.

Great looking cooker!!!

Now, fire it UP!!!!

(but take it outta the house first :loco:)

That's a good idea. You could probably even cut some expanded metal and lay it over the top of the charcoal grate. I did that with my stick burners with elevated fire grates and it worked really well.

I use lump in my weber kettle all the time, and ended up buying another charcoal grate, putting it on top of the existing one, but turned 90 degrees. Makes the holes much smaller so the little bits of lump stick in the grates instead of dropping down to the bottom of the BBQ. This has helped with the sweeper system for me.

I'm curious about this new kamado as well. Looks like it will be pretty versatile without the weight of a ceramic kamado.

That's a good question. I'm not really sure. Took a quick look at the box and documentation and didn't see "made in the USA" anyplace.
They used to put it on the sticker that's on the corner of the box that has the serial number. Mine says it on the sticker that's attached to the back of the table too.

Last edited:
Not sure I like the look of the new diffuser plate with the holes around the edges. Seems to diminish the amount of space that isn't directly over the coals with those holes. Could be nothing though.

They used to put it on the sticker that's on the corner of the box that has the serial number. Mine says it on the sticker that's attached to the back of the table too.
Looks like it's still made in the USA.
f848289641dbf8fac83e1386094810ed.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

The photo with the temperature gauge makes it look like a spaceship. Good luck with it. Beautiful.

Back