THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I would suggest a Weber kettle. I've had mine for about six months now and I absolutely love it. My next purchase will be a Kamado Joe or BGE.

Welcome to the BBQ-Brethren! :welcome:

I agree with those who suggest a Weber kettle. When I'm away from home and have no smoker on hand, I have smoked in a kettle using both a single basket to hold some charcoal or employed the snake method to prolong the burn.

There is a pretty good roundup of various methods to smoke using a kettle over at the WKC: http://weberkettleclub.com/blog/2013/11/05/smoking-on-a-weber-kettle/

When you go beyond that, the Weber Smokey Mountain (WSM, if you want an out of the box experience) or an Ugly Drum Smoker (UDS, if you enjoy a little DIY) are both great options.

I started with a Weber Kettle, and it taught me a ton. I have a stickburner now, but I still use my kettle all the time. Get ya one used and fire it up!

Back