THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

casmith547

Wandering around with a bag of matchlight, looking for a match.
Just wanted to say hello. I am a long time reader of the forum, just never posted to it before today.

I started smoking about 7 years ago and bought my first serious smoker, a Backwoods Fatboy, 4 years ago.

My team and I have competed in 2 small (10 teams) competitions and were lucky enough to win Overall Championship both years. We will be going for a third victory in October. We are scheduled for our first larger competition (45 teams) in September at the Camp Craig Allen 7th Annual Amateur BBQ competition at Bass Pro in Grapevine, TX.

I just completed a mini restoration of the Fatboy. She started showing her age, so I had her sandblasted inside and out and a beautiful Red Baron Red powder coat applied to the exterior. I followed that up with new stainless corners for the top, new mounting hardware for the doors, a set of red casters and the best of all, a Digi Q DX.

This is my only "real" smoker, but it has been a darn good one and I definitely plan on owning more Backwoods smokers in the near future, hopefully.

I would load images of my Fatboy, but have not figured out how to do that on this forum. I see the load image button, but it appears I have to host my images on a website. Is this true and if so can someone give me suggestions of where to host them?

Back