THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I can't believe you went there...:-?
And here I was, trying to be nice.

O come on guys don't go there!:( I just shared a fact about Spicewines that I have been impressed with from the start working with Spicewine smokers. I singled no other cooker out with my complement so don't you start. All the other smokers mentioned have individual details that set them apart from the competition and I would expect Doc would be interested in all those details. Backer down my Rubby Buddy:)

No harm, no foul ;)
I was just trying to keep everything on the positive side so as to not create a pissing match between the loyal followers. The fact is, I expect my Stumps to last as long as I'm around. Jimmy-wimmy :)

Thanks Jimmy :wink:
I have considered Spicewine, Stumps, and Backwoods. Im sure its going to be one of those 3, Just a matter of doing more research on each one.
weight and burn times are the biggest factor.

And BTW, You know at the Royal, when we got back to camp you were already gone before we could say congrats! Was a pleasure meeting and cooking by you guys!

Doc

Last edited:
Thanks Jimmy :wink:
I have considered Spicewine, Stumps, and Backwoods. Im sure its going to be one of those 3, Just a matter of doing more research on each one.
weight and burn times are the biggest factor.

And BTW, You know at the Royal, when we got back to camp you were already gone before we could say congrats! Was a pleasure meeting and cooking by you guys!

Doc
The pleasure was mine!! you guys saved me with that temp probe.
I enjoyed the conversation we had about contest organizing. You guys are thinking out of the box and thats refreshing to hear. Good Luck...

Not a problem, my wife was asked to speak on organizing at the kcbs banquet in Jan. Were trying to come up with more ideas on sponsorships, etc for contests. We are also working on a new organizers package for new contests. Our goal is to have more payouts at contests.

And thanks for the info on spicewine, Im still in the tire kicking stage, but will pull the trigger soon!

Doc

Hey, by the way, what kind of burn times does the 22.5 WSM's get. I was just curious. Saw one at a competition recently and was surprised at how big they actually were up close. The new upgrades are really nice too.

Big B

I can get a easy 12 hour burn with comp kingsford.

The Pit or the Cook?

Everybody has an opinion. All the smokers mentioned are good. It comes down to personal preferences.
I have a Backwoods and think it is the greatest smoker. Just look at what is being used at Memphis and around. Burn times are more than adequate.
People win contest or make really good bbq in ugly drum smokers.

All that said -- it is the "cook" that makes great BBQ.
Just enjoy yourself if your wife approves the purchase.

Back