THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

cheapbeer

Full Fledged Farker
I bought a 22.5 wsm on an ebay auction a few months ago. A few dents and some missing parts. I fabbed the inner brackets from 1/8 x 3/4 mild steel bar. I would have been better off to just buy them from weber because it was not easy bending it to those short bends but it came out good. I bought the charcoal grate and leg kit from weber because the aluminum strip would cost as much as buying the leg kit from them. They said 7-10 working days but it arrived in 4. Great customer service from them. I got some stainless hardware from town and bolted it together the other night. I bought a digiQ and 10 cfm fan and broke it in on a breakfast fatty this morning after a 2 hour run empty. I just threw in a rack of spares from costco and gonna do a few chicken thighs later. It is farking windy out there and I dont have much here to block the wind except the camper. It was running hot so I gasketed the door with foil and it seems to have settled down. Im going to go through some extra lump today, but thats ok. I expect this one will go through a lot more than my 18.5 wsm's do.

Attachments

Just a couple observations:
neat camp firering/grill:clap:
poo cart not very photogenic:shock:
beer holder EMPTY:biggrin1:
That WSM will do the camp proud. Let's see the output.

Just a couple observations:
neat camp firering/grill:clap:
poo cart not very photogenic:shock:
beer holder EMPTY:biggrin1:
That WSM will do the camp proud. Let's see the output.

That cart belongs to the next camper over. Strange I didnt notice that before I took the pic. Thanks for the observation:shock:
These are the ribs going into foil.....

Attachments

the final product. ribs came out darker than I like but were ok. the guru still wanted to run hot so I shut the fan opening down to 1/4 open and closed the lid daisy wheel half way and it ran close to the set temp. I always run the exhaust ports fully open when I use the stock air inlets so doing this seemed strange to me. I thought I read here somewhere that you may have to shut the top down a bit.

Attachments

Back