New Smoke Shed up and Running

Nicely done. I like it! I poured my slab over the summer and haven't been able to make a decision on material and design.

Thanks all,

Brisket came out nice. My neighbor tossed it a 4 lb butt also. I will get the Big Easy going for Thanksgiving and maybe the Black Stone this weekend.

snowy.jpg

Looks great.

For those that have done this, what have you done for ventilation and fireproofing concerns? I have a coworker who wants to due this with an existing garage, with a gravity fed assassin. With that style of cooker, ashes and embers should be at a minimum, but always best to be as safe as possible, so ideas are appreciated.

I used commercial grade steel siding spaced 1" from walls with gap at bottom and top..steel roof..left gables open for smoke. stove is 400+F and steel wall 18" away is 160f

Attachments

• IMG_3622.jpg
    IMG_3622.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 407

sounds simple enough but once i add 4 walls, windows, doors, garage doors front and back plus the 12x31 size it comes to $4k-$5k. then i start thinking i could build something to match the house for that a little more and then it never gets done.:loco:

Steve you ever get started just holler, I'll help ya build it!

-D

Back at you. I've got a covered spot on my deck for the WSM for the winter, but the boss has been thinking we need a lawn shed. Maybe I can kill two birds, as she doesn't find the aesthetics of the collection of smokers and grills as appealing as I do.

I'm getting ready to do something similar. I was wondering if, after going thru a winter, have you changed anything? Do you have issues with the run in side wide open as far as rain or snow. Also, has the back window been sufficient to draft the smoke? I am considering adding a split door on the front to allow air but cut down the rain/snow from entering and a vent pipe. Any input would be greatly appreciated

Back