THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

MFL

Knows what a fatty is.
Name or Nickame
Pat
I have been researching, studying, asking questions, etc.... for a while trying to figure out what stick burner to purchase. I have the itch and want to try it out. Plan on keeping my Stumps gravity fed because I feel for the longer smokes I will still use.
Happened to check facebook at lunch and a 24 x 42 was available for delivery this weekend and I jumped on it. So Saturday night or Sunday morning I will have it. I was leaning toward an Outlaw because of the closer distance to Michigan but I am getting the Shirley delivered for less.
I will post some pictures up when it arrives and Im sure I will be asking many questions in the near future.
Pat

Way to snatch that smoker up!
Congrats and have a ball.
smoke on brother

Congrats! Very happy for you. Like everyone I’m looking as well. When you say you saw one was available for delivery, do you mean a local used one popped up or is there someone near you that receives an allotment once in awhile?

Congrats. I saw the same post and I was tempted. You got a dandy. It will require a little tending but not as much as you think. Thick steel and it drafts like a dream. Nothing I've owned produces the Q like my Shirley. Not even close. You'll love it.

Congratulations on the Shirley. You were smart to jump on it.

Last edited:
I think this one was personally built by John Paul Shirley who is the daddy of all these very fine offset cookers.

Very nice! Congratulations , that is a great smoker. I have an order in for a 24”x48” competition cart model from Rockin W Smokers. Should be here in March. Can’t wait :grin:

Back