New outdoor living area

looking good! Is that tile setting directly on the framing? If so I have never seen that before in my 30+ yrs of construction

You are going to need support under the pavers or they are going to break as they are not made to take unsupported loads. Hopefully this was just staged for the pictures. Project looks great though.

You are going to need support under the pavers or they are going to break as they are not made to take unsupported loads. Hopefully this was just staged for the pictures. Project looks great though.

The pavers are 24x24 inches,there is a cross support under the center of each of the pavers. I did some research on using them as a floating floor and the Mfg shows a video of installing them on risers with no center support. They are rated at 1,000 kg (2,500 lb) load rating so I do not thing their will be any issue with them failing in use.

Thanks for the feedback. I am really looking forward to putting the area to use.
Starting work on installing the Azek deck boards today. I next need to get the vinyl railings ordered. Here goes more $$$$$$$$

Your project is coming along nicely. I bet you are anxious to get it done and get to enjoying it

Memphis Elite

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

It's looking great!! Nice work!

Thanks, I am finding out that my age this is not as easy as it used to be.

Your project is coming along nicely. I bet you are anxious to get it done and get to enjoying it
Memphis Elite

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

This is something we have wanted to do for years. When we decided to do the kitchen add on last year I decided to do it all at once since I had a contractor coming to do the foundation and frame work. We tell the kids we are spending their inheritance for them. Somehow they do not find this funny.
Hope to do the first cook on it this Sunday. I have a couple of racks of BB Ribs to smoke.

Beautiful, and right up the road!!

Nice to have a covered place to cook. Never needed it until this morning, but it sure is nice.

Looks really nice,you should get yrs of enjoyment from cooking on the deck! I have a deck on the back of my house,but I’m getting the notion of putting a roof over it. Your pics are inspiration for me to get off my butt and do it.

That is one great looking outdoor cooking area! I hope you have years of enjoyment using it and putting all those "finishing touches" on it to make it perfect.

Looks great Tom.

Thanks. It is coming along.

Looks brilliant, I now understand the Tiles, Are they sealed?
The tiles are not sealed. Since they are glazed Porcelain they should not stain.

Beautiful, and right up the road!!
Nice to have a covered place to cook. Never needed it until this morning, but it sure is nice.

Yes it is. I have been doing my outdoor cooking on a covered porch for years but this gives me much more room.

Looks really nice,you should get yrs of enjoyment from cooking on the deck! I have a deck on the back of my house,but I’m getting the notion of putting a roof over it. Your pics are inspiration for me to get off my butt and do it.

Go for it. You will not regret it.

Looks awesome. Quite the corn field beside you.

The corn was planted about one month later than normal, but the rains have been coming in a as needed and if we do not have an early frost it should do well.

Thanks all for the compliments.

Back