THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TheHojo

is Blowin Smoke!

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
Ted
Picked up my Blue Collar Smoker by Big Phil yesterday - got it all cleaned up last evening - hope to do the Linseed treatment tomorrow during some warmer weather

Initial impression is that this thing is a beast - 48 x 24 - 3/8th pipe - believe it weights over 850 pounds

Hope to get some on the pit this weekend

9-B44-C3-E2-5-A47-4-EA8-AF6-F-D7-E6148021-AD.jpg

3-C4-B5-ED7-2-C9-B-49-B8-B621-421027533-AEB.jpg

14-E9661-E-BC9-C-44-B6-B881-E7-BEE617-C0-BC.jpg

Looks awesome! I can't wait until mine is ready! Should be here in mid May.

A couple questions for you though...

1. How much did he charge you for that flat top on the fire box? I may need to add that to my order!

2. The top rack looks pretty high up in the chamber, how much space is there? I know your s is a half rack, but mine is a full rack and I was hoping I would be able to fit a brisket or a pork butt up there when needed. Looking at that though, I'm wondering if I need to ask him to lower it a couple inches on mine.

Looks awesome! I can't wait until mine is ready! Should be here in mid May.

A couple questions for you though...

1. How much did he charge you for that flat top on the fire box? I may need to add that to my order!

2. The top rack looks pretty high up in the chamber, how much space is there? I know your s is a half rack, but mine is a full rack and I was hoping I would be able to fit a brisket or a pork butt up there when needed. Looking at that though, I'm wondering if I need to ask him to lower it a couple inches on mine.

Flattop on the firebox was $100

4 inch clearance on the top shelf - I only plan on using for chicken, sides in foil pans and maybe ribs - I am sure Phil can set up the way you want - but you are correct, on my setup would not be able to do a shoulder or brisket on top shelf

great smoker. when did you order?

I think on 12/16 or 12/17 - and it was ready the first or second week of February - but we had a couple ice storms the days I scheduled to pick it up and had to work with my buddies schedule who had the truck/lift gate

I have been looking at these real hard for another stick burner and congrats and can not wait to see pics and love the natural finish .:clap2:

Back