THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Connor_Macleod

Full Fledged Farker
Name or Nickame
Connor
Just saw that Big Phil's Smokers is offering a 24" x 48" direct flow offset with 3/8" thick steel for $1,700. Phil is also claiming no wait time on these. Seems like this could compete favorably with Workhorse and others.

No affiliation with the company here, although I'll take all the free smokers Big Phil wants to send me.

I looked on his site and didn’t see it. He has a 24x48 backyard with 1/4 inch pipe and insulated firebox for $3500 (has had this for some time),so it must be different. Where are you seeing this?

I don’t know where you found that but I wonder if you stumbled upon a fake website that looks like the real one with unbelievably low prices to suckers people in to making purchases of non existent goods.

About 5 or 10 years ago a member posted one of these sites that looked like Lincoln Welder homepage on a tool oriented forum that I’m on. A bunch of members bought unbelievably low priced welders that never showed up. That was a sore subject on that forum for a while.

He posted it in a live Facebook feed yesterday. I saw it too......If you're interested in his stuff, I'd give him a like on FB. He does raffles for cookers as well, I've tried to get in a few, but they sell out in a matter of a couple minutes. He seems to be a standup dude. I tried to get in a raffle, sent him the money for spots, I didn't get on the board and the money was back in my account the next day.

I was dubious as well, but I looked at Big Phil's social media and he is indeed selling a "SIMPLE backyard model" for $1700 with no wait times.

https://www.facebook.com/bigphilssmokersandmetalfab/

"The 24” x 48” simple back yard smokers are up for sale $1700.00 is what we are selling them for. There is no wait time so get one on order now. The chamber and non insulated firebox are 3/8” thick, everything else will be 1/4” thick. It will have a single grate, single temp gauge. It will be on casters and unpainted. This one is a green color cause I made it from the pipe I had at the shop already. All the others will be a rusted metal color. Shoot me a message if you wanna get one on order."

264810787_2058293567658878_896918119534548862_n.jpg

Yep. That's a steal. I'd get one without even thinking about it if I were in the States

I'd be all over this if the location was closer. I can't imagine shipping on a giant heavy 600+ pound pit from TX to WV would be cost effective.

I'd be all over this if the location was closer. I can't imagine shipping on a giant heavy 600+ pound pit from TX to WV would be cost effective.

It might be worth checking with Phil on a shipping cost estimate. I have a smoker on order with him currently, and my shipping charges will be about $400 for delivery to the St. Louis area.

Just put my deposit on one of these. Been wanting to try a traditional offset, see if I like it more than my Shirley. Quite a deal, and the freight he quoted me was pretty reasonable to KC as well.

Congrats - I put my deposit down about a week ago - have seen some pictures of the last one he built and it looks like a great pit - especially with the 3/8th chamber and fire box. I hope to have mine by the end of January - i went ahead and added a half top shelf, an extra gauge, and a probe port. Looking forward to applying the linseed oil, getting it seasoned and getting it ready to cook.

Ted

Back