New Offset Direct Flow

Mattb82

Full Fledged Farker
So everyone just me helped make a decision on a vertical and now I’m purchasing a direct offset as well. It will primarily handle jobs when I’m focusing on Texas style que with great bark. The pits I’m considering each have pros and cons. It’s down to the gator pits beast with golf cart carriage and wheels or a J3 trailer. Some key points: the beast isn’t a trailer but more mobile than a typical backyard so I can always load it in a trailer, curious about the double stack design, j3 is more mobile but I can’t use it as a backyard pit, would have to store it. Jambo has a one year wait and gator pits is about four months. The beast is big $$ but is an absolute beast! The Jambo speaks for itself. I’ve looked at a ton of smokers and have a Shirley as well so I’m really just looking at opinions on these two models. Any feedback is appreciated, thanks gents

You want another stick burner? Like you said... the Jambo speaks for itself. You would have a nice combo for sure!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Not sure what the Gator cart would weigh, but my Shirley golf cart before I had it converted to a trailer model was about 1600lbs and it was a bear to load onto a trailer. A winch may have helped some but still....

I moved it onto a trailer 3 times....when I bought it, the one time I took it to a competition, and then when I took it down to Tuscaloosa to have it converted to a trailer. So it took me exactly 2 times to say screw that Im trailering it down for conversion 700 miles / 14 hours and trailering the trailer back.

If youre talking "mobile" as in around your driveway or yard then you might get away with a cart model but I think trailers are the way to go.

I do. I’m really into the traditional direct offset for my Texas style que. my concern on the trailer is lack of use because I can’t store a rig here. It would go in a storage unit. I have a big backyard by jersey standards but can’t store a trailer. The gator pit beast is mobile if I get into comps which I’m really considering but not mobile like a trailer. I think the beast might be the best compromise. Plus it’s just badass looming. I’m just not familiar with their build quality and how their smokers cook. Apoears absolutely top notch though

Suds that’s my biggest concern. I’ve added gators trailer models to the list. Reality is with two very young kids and working on another I really can’t parti in many comps and I may just run the Humphrey’s on those. This may be a “mobile” backyard to driveway deal. I’d love for a gator pit owner to chime in on build quality and how they cook.

The craftsmanship on the Outlaw smoker's is exceptional, definitely worth looking at if your considering a Jambo or similar.

Back