New Natural Briquettes - B&B Oak Charcoal

I used it and wasn't very happy, it was the hardest stuff to lite in the chimney starter. It poured out the bag solid , after letting it lite for 20 min it all crumbles into black powder, I'll stick to there oak lump over this, maybe I got a first run bag :beer:

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
That's too bad. Seems like such a great idea to make natural briqs out of oak.

I will give it a run anyway and get back. I have a tennis tournament in the morning and a golf tourney tomorrow afternoon and will be behind on Sunday but will try to carve out some time to fire up the UDS for some ribs or something. I will report back.

All you TX Brethren need to try HEB Grand Champion all natural lump briquettes I love this stuff. All the benefits of lump and the constituency of briquettes.

I wonder who makes it for them? I have used their central market brand mesquite lump charcoal many times. It is very good too. It probably comes from the same place.

All you TX Brethren need to try HEB Grand Champion all natural lump briquettes I love this stuff. All the benefits of lump and the constituency of briquettes.

I've used it and its really good. I wish i came in larger bags. Also doesn't it seem like the HEB regular charcoal now looks like the outdoor gourmet they sell at academy. It looks like the royal oak briquettes but it still burns great I like it alot for my kettle.

I purchased a bag last week as Academy was out of lump. It worked well, light easily without the sparks that B&B Lump sometimes has but I did notice it did not burn as long or as hot as what I am use to on the lump.

Tried the B&B Lump and B&B Coal - liked the lump, didn't care for the coal. Took 10-15 minutes longer to bring up to heat in the chimney, didn't seem to last as long either.

I've used it and its really good. I wish i came in larger bags. Also doesn't it seem like the HEB regular charcoal now looks like the outdoor gourmet they sell at academy. It looks like the royal oak briquettes but it still burns great I like it alot for my kettle.

Not sure about that charcoal since I use lump but the HEB lump is good. It may be B&B rebranded, not sure.

Back