New Natural Briquettes - B&B Oak Charcoal

El Ropo

Quintessential Chatty Farker
Name or Nickame
Roger
I am hoping to see some of that around here. I love B&B lump. I would give that a try for sure.

Now your talking :thumb:I'm going to Academy later I'll see if they have it in store yet they should THx again El Ropo:biggrin1:

Well they got it at the W. Cannon Academy so I got a bag 10.81 tax, they also had some char-broil cast iron grates that had a 18" insert that you set inside a 22" cast iron so you could use it on a 22'' or a 18'' kettle it was $30 bucks it only weighed about 15lb lightweight! porcelain coated too...

2012-04-11%252016.25.04.jpg

Pellets poopers heaven :biggrin1:
2012-04-11%252016.12.19.jpg

Char-Broil cast iron
2012-04-11%252016.13.08.jpg

Nice score, if possible, could you take a pic of the actual coals?

Oh, and a review of your cook with them would be great too!

Hmm. My local Academy has an Outdoor Gourmet pellet smoker/grill on display. It looks alot like a Traeger knock off. It doesnt have a removable burn pot, bu the diffuser and drip tray look pretty solid.

Nice score, if possible, could you take a pic of the actual coals?

Oh, and a review of your cook with them would be great too!

They are really smooth and don't smell like anything really nice and compressed, ya I'm going to try it out this weekend I'll let you know what I think:loco: There not that thick like stubbs but they feel nice and dense they should have stamped B&B on them that would've been cool :tsk:

2012-04-11%252017.47.40.jpg

2012-04-11%252017.47.08.jpg

Thanks for the pic, they look pretty nice. Can't wait to see how they work for you.

They don't sell B&B near me so I went to their website and looked into having a 20lb'er shipped... 13.50 for the product and 22.00 for shipping! :crazy: LOL! C'est la vie...

I'm curious if this is made from lump. I'm guessing that is how Stubbs is made.

Hmmm. Just looked at them on the Academy website. Say "Natural oak seasoning adds flavor to your food". Not sure what that means as far has how it gets it's oak flavor...

B&B is a quality lump producer. They have access to tons of Live Oak down here in hill country. I'm gonna go out on a limb and assume that the base for these new briqs is all oak wood.

B&B is a quality lump producer. They have access to tons of Live Oak down here in hill country. I'm gonna go out on a limb and assume that the base for these new briqs is all oak wood.

An oak limb perhaps?! :icon_smile_tongue:

I also can't wait for the review, I use lump in my kegs but I can use anything in my seldom used UDS. I hope they don't produce too much ash, but I doubt that's the case.

Headed to my new academy tomorrow, they just opened it in Rock Hill, never having stepped foot in one I am sure my wallet will be light when I leave.

bumping this back up

I found this thread on the search. I saw this item at Academy a last weekend and picked up a few bags. I have been really busy so I have not had any opportunity to try it out. I hate Kingsford because of the nasty off flavors and do not like the heavy, cat litter like ash it leaves behind, but love the uniform size and burn. I really hope this stuff is all natural oak. It could be a winner.

Any of you guys try this yet, and if so, what do you think. I am surprised the OP never wrote a review of it.

I never had a chance to pick any up. The one time I was in my local, looking for it, they were OOS.

Back