THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SmokinEdge

Knows what a fatty is.
Name or Nickame
Eric
For those who don’t know, New Mexico taco meat is ground pork sometimes beef or mixed, seasoned with chicken bouillon, onions, garlic, chopped roasted green Chile and good ground red Chile (Chimayo) and cooked with diced potatoes. It’s delicious. We eat a lot of this so I decided to make a sausage in this style. It’s still in development, but it is delicious.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

Way cool idea, Eric!

This Burqueño appreciates tacos of all flavors and meats.

Putting those flavors in a sausage looks awesome.

Looks excellent! Glad to hear you hit your flavor profile.

It occurred to me that if you added some scrambled egg to the mix, you could get a breakfast burrito in a sausage casing:crazy:

Looks excellent! Glad to hear you hit your flavor profile.

It occurred to me that if you added some scrambled egg to the mix, you could get a breakfast burrito in a sausage casing:crazy:

Thank you. I actually have thought about the scrambled egg but unsure how that would work out. I did add two beaten eggs to the mixture to make everything flow well through the stuffer and to bind everything together.

I am also considering adding a little masa harina flour for that corn taste.

Back