THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Status
Not open for further replies.

napp37

Knows what a fatty is.
Hi Guys. I'm not new to the BBQ game; but I am new to this forum. I have owned a Traeger Texas and a Weber 22" Kettle for some time. I live alone and do a lot of small cooks just for myself. A few weeks ago, I decided that I needed something smaller for those times when I want to grill something quickly without burning a lot of pellets or charcoal.

While researching smaller portable cookers I ran across this forum. I was particularly struck by some of the posts submitted by Phubar which showed his prowess with the Weber Go Anywhere. Equally interesting was his discussion of modifying the WGA to use CharGriller cast iron cooking grates. I liked the idea so much that I ordered a WGA and two of the CharGriller firebox cooking grates.

Everything arrived last Friday; and I spent the afternoon getting everything ready for my first cook on the WGA. I cut the grates to fit the WGA and then seasoned them in my oven. After that was done, I did a foodless trial burn to season the grates a second time and get a feel for how everything worked.

Finally, it was time to prepare my first meal. My son was visiting; so I decided to keep it simple with just a couple of Ribeye steaks. I didn't bother taking pictures of the baked potatoes and salads; but I did snap a few of the first steaks on the WGA.

P1010684.jpg

P1010690.jpg

P1010692.jpg

P1010695.jpg

P1010697.jpg

Great to have you here....especially if you have a WGA. I have modded mine to cook pizzas and have had a great time with it. Phubar and Padawan are the Masters though...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back