THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

DisplacedVol

Knows what a fatty is.
Hey everybody

First time, long time. Live in Kentucky, but as the handle implies I am a big fan of the Tennessee Volunteers. Born in Knoxville, but grew up in KY & really do love everything about KY other than the fact I've kept my loyalty to the big orange.

I have read here for a while & finally decided to join in order to fully enjoy everyone's photos & wealth of knowledge. There are similar sites I visit on a somewhat frequent basis but what really drew me to this site is the variety of cooks & techniques one can find here. While barbecue (however you define it) may be the cornerstone, my primary goal is good food, cooked outside whenever possible. I enjoy foods from all regions of the US, and world really.

I started to enjoy cooking in high school/early college. Come from a family of good southern, home cooks. Some of my best friends' parents had a catering company that specialized in BBQ I used to work for on occasion. Learned a lot from them as well as a few friends my age who are excellent cooks, but definitely am an amateur in this arena. My current line up features a jumbo joe (scavenged from the garage of the house we bought), a brinkman smoke n' grill (gifted to me by a friend), Cajun cooker deep fryer & a 22.5 Weber kettle. 4 or 5 pieces of cast iron & looking to grow that collection. My mood changes, but my next purchase will likely be an Old Country Pecos so I can get into the stick burning game.

To conclude this long winded introduction, I'm 30, recently married with no kids.
Love the outdoors, duck hunting is my favorite hobby. Turkey hunting is up there, enjoy a good dove shoot, used to fish a lot more than I do now. Hiking, paddling & camping whenever I can. Vols, Titans, Dodgers (random, I know) recovering NASCAR fan.

Welcome to the forum from down here in Victoria.
Nice friendly bunch here that are very sharing with information.
Enjoy your time here, I sure have

Welcome aboard, glad to have you as a fellow Brethren here.

I hope to see you in the Q-Talk forum soon. You'll find help on almost every topic from cooking your first Pork Butt to curing and smoking your own ham and bacon.

If you can't find the topic you need help with, or have questions about, just start a new thread in "Q-Talk". There are many people with years of experience that are willing to answer your questions and guide you in the right direction.

Back