New El Yucateco Hot Sauce

16Adams

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Ive not seen this locally. Not worth it to me to chase online. However, I will be watching local shelves. Anyone tried this. I'm not interested in heat for the sake of heat. But flavorful heat, well that's pretty cool.
Post review if you've tried Habanero Ghost

Link to brief article on history of El Yucateco hot sauce company

https://pepperscale.com/el-yucateco-ingredients/

Last edited:
Man, that brand is hot. Even there regular cayenne hot sauce is spicy AF. Don't get me wrong, i like spicy AF, but that brand is all heat, no flavor.

Man, that brand is hot. Even there regular cayenne hot sauce is spicy AF. Don't get me wrong, i like spicy AF, but that brand is all heat, no flavor.

Agree 100% it's one of the hotter. Saw today where they are releasing "flavors". Like 6 new ones. As far as competition goes it's pretty aggressive. Melinda, Marie Sharps, Cholula, Tabasco all have flavors. All the small batches, all the test run from big companies. What I find interesting is how low cost the hobby can be.

One that I always recommend is Speedys #44. It's really flavorful with a polite heat. If it was available locally I'd never be out, but I try to avoid shipping costs.

El Yucateco has good flavor and is probably the only habanero sauce I use because of that. It only takes a little to add flavor and heat, you don’t dump it on like Cholula Hot Sauce, which is my favorite hot sauce for Mexican.

Last edited:
El Yucateco has good flavor. It is probably the only habanero sauce I use because of that. It only takes a little to add flavor and heat, you don’t dump it on like Cholula Hot Sauce, which is my favorite hot sauce for Mexican.

I like to put a decent amount of hot sauce on my foods. Cholula sweet habanero is good stuff. Sometimes i will do a little xmas spirit with 50/50 of their sweet habanero and the their green sauce.

I like to put a decent amount of hot sauce on my foods. Cholula sweet habanero is good stuff. Sometimes i will do a little xmas spirit with 50/50 of their sweet habanero and the their green sauce.

Thanks, I’ll have to pick up some Cholula sweet habanero sauce this weekend to try it.

Thanks, I’ll have to pick up some Cholula sweet habanero sauce this weekend to try it.

Try mixing it with their green pepper sauce as the sweet habannero lacks that vinegary profile you get from regular hot sauces. Or you can use another vinegary hot sauce or a splash of plain white vinegar works too. Its great on wings.

Will BOLO for that one. Gotta a nephew who's a pepperhead (me, used to be. Now habs are where I stop).

I read years ago I think, it was this brand that had lead in the water they use from their pipes?

This idea arose from a study from UNLV released in July of 2013. We responded immediately to alert our customers that we were investigating and hired an independent lab to thoroughly test all our sauces and manufacturing facility. No measurable amounts of lead were detected in any of our sauces or ingredients used to make our sauces.

The safety of our customers and employees is our number one concern and we stand by the quality of our products. Please email us at marketing@Padillaism.com for a copy of the testing report and an in-depth FAQ for further information.

I looked at HEB this morning for this. They had red and green habanero sauces (which I picked up) but not the habanero ghost pepper. The green habanero does have a kick to it but to me it does have flavor and I wouldn’t call it spicy af but I wouldn’t splash it on like cholula.

This idea arose from a study from UNLV released in July of 2013. We responded immediately to alert our customers that we were investigating and hired an independent lab to thoroughly test all our sauces and manufacturing facility. No measurable amounts of lead were detected in any of our sauces or ingredients used to make our sauces.

The safety of our customers and employees is our number one concern and we stand by the quality of our products. Please email us at marketing@Padillaism.com for a copy of the testing report and an in-depth FAQ for further information.

I still use it as I love the extra picante chile habenero flavor lol

El Yucateco has good flavor and is probably the only habanero sauce I use because of that. It only takes a little to add flavor and heat, you don’t dump it on like Cholula Hot Sauce, which is my favorite hot sauce for Mexican.

I agree on Yucateco habanero offerings. Since you like Yucateco, you should also try these if you can get them. Some of the best habanero hot sauces I've had so far.

The chiltepina, habanero and xxx habanero (not pictured) are awesome.

c4d5eb29-ffd1-4350-aab1-78271a2f1657.16f8c2047ff1bc4a45133d19b283383a.jpeg

Last edited:
I agree on Yucateco habanero offerings. Since you like Yucateco, you should also try these if you can get them. Some of the best habanero hot sauces I've had so far.

The chiltepina, habanero and xxx habanero (not pictured) are awesome.

c4d5eb29-ffd1-4350-aab1-78271a2f1657.16f8c2047ff1bc4a45133d19b283383a.jpeg

Thanks! I will look for that brand.

Back