A Shout Out to CPW on his "Yes Dear" Red BBQ Sauce

IamMadMan

somebody shut me the fark up.
A shout out to Brethren CPW of Yes Dear Sauces, your Red Sauce is GREAT!!!!!.

I've had good reports on your sauces, so I have been sending your sauces to Brethren members as gifts since you released it through Atlanta BBQ Store https://www.atlantabbqstore.com/collections/bbqsauces?page=4

I am almost ashamed to say that as many times as your sauce has passed through my hands over the years, I have never personally tried it until today. I have always been a fan of a Blues Hog sauce blended with a couple of other sauces as well as other ingredients. Well when I went to the sauce cabinet today, several shelves were bare.... My jars of blended sauce were gone, I figured no problem, I'll just blend another batch. I opened the other cabinet door, and no Blues Hog Honey Mustard, No Head Country, and several others were gone. It looks like my son has been helping himself not only to my blended sauce but also my commercial stock as well. Not a problem at all, it's there to be used.

I was faced with a new dilemma today, no blended sauce for my back ribs I made for dinner. As I scanned my choices in the cabinet, I spotted a bottle of Yes Dear Red Sauce. It was a slightly smaller bottle and it stood out from the other bottles that towered around it. I had purchased this to send to an in law in New Mexico, but I just couldn't squeeze it into the already over-stuffed package. So what the heck.... lets try something new....

The little bottle of Red Sauce packs a big hit on flavor. Very tangy and savory, yet it was sweet enough to balance the overall sauce. The entire family tried the sauce with hesitation, but they all liked the Yes Dear Red Sauce, it was an instant hit. Now they are asking me when will I order the Yes Dear Yellow Sauce for them to try? I guess I'll have to place another order from Randy at the Atlanta BBQ Store. I'll be posting an online review of Yes Dear after we sample the Yellow Sauce.

yesdear-red_1024x1024.jpg

Yes Dear Red Sauce is a thinner very tangy sauce with a bold hint of vinegar which is quickly balanced with the sweetness and savoriness of the sauce. To me it is the best of two products; it combines the tanginess of a vinegar sauce with the sweetness of a Kansas City style BBQ sauce. For those who do not like a thick sticky sweet BBQ sauce, this should be on your list of things to try.

Kudos CPW for a great sauce which gave a pleasant surprise to my taste-buds.

Thanks for the very kind words! You pretty much hit the nail on the head with your description. I was looking for a good balance between sweet, tangy, and savory. Also, the “yesdear” code still works on Atlanta bbq store to get the brethren discount.

Thanks again!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just ordered some! Looking forward to trying it out.

What meat(s) do you think this works best for?

• Thanks
Reactions: cpw

I tried it on back ribs and pulled pork, it was great on both!!!!! I don't put sauce directly on my meat when I cook, unless someone asks to have their ribs glazed. I serve it on the side and it makes a great dipping sauce for those who do not like to put sauce on their cooking meat. I also usually don't put sauce on my pulled pork sandwiches, but this really complimented the pulled pork sandwiches.

Thanks for the very kind words! You pretty much hit the nail on the head with your description. I was looking for a good balance between sweet, tangy, and savory. Also, the “yesdear” code still works on Atlanta bbq store to get the brethren discount.

Thanks again!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sadly I've been ordering it and never knew there was a discount until my last order. But it's still worth the price even without the discount.

Last edited:
  • Thanks

I’d definitely agree with pork and ribs, but if I have any leftover comp brisket, I use it on there as well...brisket nachos with sour cream and red sauce instead of salsa is amazing.

I have a bottle from my last order from Atl BBQ Store that hasn't been opened, but now I'll bet it will by next weekend:thumb:

Tell me more. Looks great and would love to try it. Where can I order it and what are the details on the discount? Thanks

Tell me more. Looks great and would love to try it. Where can I order it and what are the details on the discount? Thanks

The thin sauce starts out with a sharp tang from the vinegar, but it is quickly balanced by the sweetness, and a lasting savory taste that compliments the meat.

You can order it from Atlanta BBQ Store https://www.atlantabbqstore.com/coll...qsauces?page=4 and at check out enter the coupon code "YESDEAR", and when the code is applied, your discount is calculated on your order.

• Thanks
Wait until you try their new sauce they are perfecting!!:thumb:

Chad & Frank both have a good palate when it comes to BBQ.

On top of that, they are damned good fellas. I've had the pleasure & honor of cooking and hanging out with them and hope to do it again this year.

What's the flavor profile of the new one? Inquiring minds want to know. :wink:

Think of a BH (1/2 & 1/2) mixture and maybe a touch of Swamp Boys with differing flavor profiles....Hard to explain but one of the best sauces I've tasted in a while.

Maybe Chad will show back up and fill us in.

Yes Dear Red is the go to favorite at my house. I bought a few bottles from Randy and we loved it right off the bat. Then Ms Gwen and I went to Savannah for our anniversary last year. I met Chad and bought a case from him. What a great guy. It's about time for another trip to Savannah. This time I'll get two cases.:wink:

Yes Dear Red is the go to favorite at my house. I bought a few bottles from Randy and we loved it right off the bat. Then Ms Gwen and I went to Savannah for our anniversary last year. I met Chad and bought a case from him. What a great guy. It's about time for another trip to Savannah. This time I'll get two cases.:wink:

We'll have some ready for you!

What's the flavor profile of the new one? Inquiring minds want to know. :wink:

The idea behind it is a straight out of the bottle competition sauce. We've been blending our Red Sauce with a few other sauces for use in competition, so we're trying to come up with an "all in one" flavor. I think Pat did a good job of describing it :biggrin1:

I'm fine tuning the flavors now, hopefully we'll have it bottled by the end of the year.

Thanks again to everyone for the kind words!

I see the sauce is now available for purchase online....

I just ordered a couple bottles, but look forward to the possible sales of Gallon or half-gallon jugs. I really like this sauce.

https://www.atlantabbqstore.com/collections/bbqsauces/products/yes-dear-competition-sauce

This sauce is awesome! I bought a bottle from them at their GA BBQ championship cooking class; so new it didnt have a label or a name!! I then ordered 3 more 2 weeks back and used it at my last comp. But yes great dudes and they are fun to hang out with. This sauce is a winner no doubt. I think you get free sauce for life if you come up with a name they can use??:mrgreen::blah::blah:

Someone gave me a bottle of the Yellow in a Trade Round. It hovered around in cabinet for almost a year before I gave it a try. It was excellent. I REALLY liked it on chicken. I'll be sure to try the others.

David

• Thanks
Back