THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Swine Spectator

is Blowin Smoke!
Name or Nickame
David
I recently decided to consolidate my cast iron. At one point I had a bunch of cast iron - 27 pieces of Lodge, Wagner, Griswold, and assorted random iron. I held a "Garage Sale" on eBay and downsized my collection to a usable set of pieces. The more you use it the better.

Today I have a Griswold #9 Dutch Oven (6qt) and a matching #9 Skillet. They are perfectly seasoned:
https://twitter.com/SwineSpectator/status/1223617785324097539?s=20

I also used the proceeds of my garage sale to buy a #10 Butter Pat skillet. I haven't seasoned it yet, but I am impressed with the build quality of it. It is essentially a Griswold with a double thickness base. I think I will be very happy with it.

I did some research on new cast iron pans recently. Butter Pat sounded like the most refined being polished over the entire pan.

I can close to buying a pan from field company.

Have fun with your new pan!

I looked at the Field skillets, but they have a fire ring on the base. In the past I've had skillets that wobbled on the stovetop because the fire ring was wider than the grate.

Back