THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Shadowdog500

is One Chatty Farker
I bought the Camp Chef 120k BTU Outdoorsman camp stove thinking I could throttle the two 60k burners back even though the camp chef website said this model was for canning and cant be used for regular cooks. That was a mistake because this thing is just too darn hot even at idle. I just broke down and got the 60k Explorer model on sale for under $100 delivered at Amazon and set it up this weekend.

It is extremely well made, boiled two pots of water as fast as I would want it to do, and I can easily turn the flame down real low. I may test it with pancakes next weekend. The other thing I like is that the shut off is after an indent on the High side of the knob so you can turn this model all the way down without worrying about inadvertently shutting it off like I was constantly doing on the 120k one.

If you are thinking about getting one don't make the same mistake I made and just start out with the Explorer model.

I snapped a photo of the two side by side. The hot one may be going back. I was boiling water to kill the weeds growing through my pavers.

Chris

Here are the super hot burners on the Outdoorsman.

Here are the burners on the explorer

I noticed that the outdoorsman had a heat shield to protect the knobs and gas manifold. Other than that the burners and regulator valves are the only things that are different between the two.

I've always wanted something like this for the occasional fry. Hate doing it inside and having oil splatter everywhere.

I put it on my Amazon wish list for now :icon_shy

Back