THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I agree with the rest of you guys here. This thing needs bluetooth and/or wireless. I'm sure Huck will do a review when it comes out. I'm waiting on that.

I received a news update from BBQ Guru this morning that mentions the Cyber Q. Their web site says that it will send you text messages and e-mail updates! Just what I need! :-D

Okay, so if it will send emails/texts I can have my phone/computer route those to my Twitter/Facebook accounts. Dang! Technology is cool.

this thing needs built in bluetooth or wifi....so you can monitor control from pc's, cell phones, pda's

Having my laptop outside would defeat the purpose...so would a 100 ft. usb cord running through my house.
Personally getting rid of the usb and having built in wifi/bluetooth would be more practical and with what
the times are coming to.

I do this with my Stoker. Use my iPhone to control the temps and get updates via email.

Okay, so if it will send emails/texts I can have my phone/computer route those to my Twitter/Facebook accounts. Dang! Technology is cool.

Great - another email to read!
Next thing you know, it'll be sending you pictures to prove you actually cooked!!

Looking forward to your video, but if I have to use a computer and Terminal Services or GoToMyPC (which requires a monthly subscription) to remote in, I'd have to say it's a weak implementation of remote control.

So I have to drag a laptop outside and expose it to the elements? Then I have to have a WiFi router near enough to the laptop. Laptops are fragile and expensive devices. Even cheap netbooks are $350. How is that an improvement over the Stoker?
logmein.com is free

anyone using the cyberq? I am ready to buy one, but the whole wireless usb thing (which they say will work), does not seem to be happening (at least I cannot find or hear of anyone that has found a wireless usb hub and adapter) that works for this. The idea of being able to control it via laptop is what I want

I am not sure of which brand is working the but they have told me that they do have one. I can make the call for you if you like.I also give 10% off for all units.

I am not sure of which brand is working the but they have told me that they do have one. I can make the call for you if you like.I also give 10% off for all units.

That would be great if you could find out for me. Of course, I will order from you

Thanks!

anyone using the cyberq? I am ready to buy one, but the whole wireless usb thing (which they say will work), does not seem to be happening (at least I cannot find or hear of anyone that has found a wireless usb hub and adapter) that works for this. The idea of being able to control it via laptop is what I want

This is the only thing I could find of someone's setup. If you have a MAC, cool but even if you have a PC, you'll kinda get the idea. Sorry mods, it's a forum but it kinda answers gtsum's question.
http://forums.huckshut.com/showthread.php?t=176

Back