THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Status
Not open for further replies.

KC_Bobby

Babbling Farker
Hello all, I recently stumbled across this forum.

I've been smoking off and on for about 5 years. The first couple as a social chairman on a friends BBQ team (I didn't have a clue what was going on, nor did I really try to learn) then the 3rd year I got a little more into it, helping with the rubs and injections and even being trusted to run to get the turn-in in on time. Then even got a little Brinkmann bullet to use in the driveway, then last year I upgraded and bought my neighbor's OK Joe for more room and what I thought was a better format - the horizonal flare up.

My brother (been smoking for a few years) and I now think it's time to start having some fun with this hobby and we are going to enter a few KCBS competitions this year - thus I thought it was time to purchase a smoker that provides what I consider a better usablity so the cooks can get some sleep. Also needed something with a little more space.

So I purchased a Backwoods and I'm liking it's results so far. Very moist and tasty results.

Anyway, I thought I'd say hello and give some thanks in advance for all the information I hope to gain here so I can become the master of my pit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back