THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Here's a picture of the 20 racks of baby backs we cooked on Monday on the new smoker. This was shortly before we wrapped them.

Macssmokerwith20racksofribs_zpse44659b5.jpg

The big one

That's a pretty sweet looking smoker. All of them actually. Great job on another successful build.

Billy's big rig is really nice with dual programmable temp controller that is kick-a$$. I need to order one for mine.

So, I know this thread is somewhat old...but I'm throwing out a hail mary as I've PM'd BillyC and Smokenshine with no luck. I was really hoping for some more in depth pictures of the build, maybe some dimensions of how to incorporate a "Reverse Flow Plate" for this build rather than his standard offset design, half moon opening for the firebox, just pictures to kind of gauge how things were put together. But I particularly liked this build and was hoping to get more information from it (so I could make a more informed decision on how I want to move forward with my build).

I am currently in progress of a build of my own and this is my first go at it all...Welding, grinding, etc. I have already filled the tank with soap and water, and cut the half moon opening for the FB. So at least that part is out of the way. But it's amazing once you start these projects how it's the little details you get hung up on or how to "envision" it all.

Any help would be appreciated. I may start a separate thread with all of my questions so as not to hijack this one.

Thanks,

Dale

I like it. :clap2: Only thing I'd do different is exhaust box into pipe at grate level on end and a bigger intake.

Badgoat start a new thread with Pics of your smoker.. I've built a 250 gallon not reverse flow though.. but will help you as much as I can.. Currently we are building a 600 gallon

Roger that. I'll go ahead and open up a new thread with my progress/build pics. And yeah I have been using the Feldon Calculator to get all of my dimensions up to this point.

I appreciate the help guys, unfortunately, I'm at work, stuck on duty for the next 24hrs...yay me!

Dale

Back