Nerds review overpriced pellet grill, declare it the best

My Treager Timberline 1300 is 10x better then every Smoker you mentioned.

And i own a RecTec 700, and a Pit Boss.

My Treager Timberline 1300 is 10x better then every Smoker you mentioned.

And i own a RecTec 700, and a Pit Boss.

Serious? I’m not being sarcastic either, just curious. You feel its a better PG than your RT and Grillas?

I have a Traeger PTG that seems to have fatal flaws. I was really excited to have it but I’ve purchased 2 replacement controllers (well over a $100) and the thing still cant hold temps below 300* without constant flameouts.

I wouldn't directly compare a Traeger ptg to the normal sized pellet cookers. Many brands that make "portable" versions have temp issues.

I've had 5 or 6 different brands of pellet cookers. Traegers held their own, and mine worked just as well as any of the others I had. I agree that there is probably more bang for the buck models out there, but not by miles and miles. I always found it odd that people looked at gmg as a major upgrade to Traeger. Back in the day they had better temp control, but I thought the built quality felt even cheaper than Traeger.

Traeger has built a brand and lately has created a massive style campaign that has earned them a whole new set of fanboys. Many who are new to smoking entirely. For that reason, I think they are probably overrated. The more informed consumer seems to point that out alot, and it's probably true. When you break it down though they generally do what they are supposed to do, and are pretty good middle of the road smokers.

Hi I saw a few Traeger's in Home Depot. My newly owned Rec Tec 590 is a Mercedes-Benz, compare to it. No comparison at all.
DanB

Back