Nekid Ribs Using BroilKing Rib Rack On The WSM

Oldhoss

Full Fledged Farker
Picked this up a few days ago and needed to put it to use:

24319hg.jpg

After a couple hours in the fridge with a homemade rub that is light on sugar. Got the costco side rib pack that has the whole rib cut in two....chine bones are on the right:

2cngu1e.jpg

Got the chine bone strips to the outside and a couple small scrape from under the ribs hanging on the handles:

rcv4ed.jpg

Temp was around 265f for the first 2 hours with a foiled water pan empty. Bark had formed so I added boiling water to the pan via a side slot I left in the foil...one on each side actually. Temp droped to 250f when the water was added and did not want to go up so I left it. The scrap pieces were done after another hour or so:

eprux0.jpg

24zx7cx.jpg

The ribs were done at about the 4 hour mark:

2zpsjdj.jpg

n6gr8.jpg

These crunchy ribs like Tiger Sauce....after a bite:

359fn9s.jpg

The chine bone pieces went another hour or so. Gonna shred that and work it into some beans tommorrow....I'll add some shots of that.

Took about 4 cups of rib shred from the chine bone strips and combined with the following.....4 cans Bush's beans, 1 red bell pepper, 1 orange bell pepper, 2 jalapenos, 500 gm pack of bacon, an onion, a bunch of bbq sauce, some fresh garlic, a can of pinnapples with the juice....onto the kettle with some oak and pecan for a few hours at about 210f or so:

vqmwko.jpg

To finish off the day I got some burgers and a spagetti squash....smoked a couple of the burgers:

288436u.jpg

When the burgers got to the point of starting to cook I pulled them, changed the setup of the charcoal grate, added a bunch of charcoal then grilled the squash flesh side down. Squash were then moved to the cool side, put flesh side up and some butter and molasses added. I then added the burgers...the smoked ones turn red when they hit the heat:

2463m8y.jpg

Not sure why the butter/molasses combo looks green? Something to do with the flash at night I am thinking. Finished my burger with some smoked cheese, red pepper dijon mustard and some sweet onions:

ngq4wo.jpg

Back