Need some help pricing BBQ GEAR for Chambers

Wampus

somebody shut me the fark up.
Hey all.

Many of you know that I've been storing a lot of Dan's stuff for him the last year or so. He's in need of some money for his family right now and he's asked me to try and sell things for him.

He's got a good amount of gear. My problem is that I'm not sure how to price some of it. I have an idea, but I thought I'd ask for your collective thoughts, so this thread will be a discussion thread on the value of the following list of items.

I plan to eventually put up a thread in the "Brethren Sales and Ventures" forum and will also list things on my local (Indianapolis) Craigslist for sale. I just took a good inventory and the following is what there is. I have as many details as I think we need to get started, but let me know if I need to get more info or take photos to accurately price things.

THIS IS NOT A FOR SALE THREAD.
If you have an interest in purchasing anything that I've listed, please send myself or Dan a PM.

When I get individual threads started for items I'll post a link to this thread if folks want to see the add.

I DO plan to take photos of everything, but some of it needs shined up a bit before I can do that.

Here's a list of what I need to price:

*Large Big Green Egg
-with platesetter and nest
*18" WSM
*Classic Green Weber Kettle
-I don't see a stamp on the exhaust vent, it just says "BAR-B-Q-KETTLE"
-Has wooden lid handle and metal side handles on bottom
-Has 3 intake wheels/vents
*Coleman Powermate 2500W Portable Generator
*10'x10' EZ Up, no walls or bag. I was thinking $50?
*Lynx Trailer Levelers (Bag has 10 of them, each are 8'x8'
*2- 2 pan electric steam tables
*Pretzel warmer/rack/spinner
*Nacho Dispenser
*Small (5 slots) brown "stackable" Cambro
*Brinkmann Smoke 'N' Grill
*2 UDS's. One is straight black with a Weber OTS Kettle bottom for lid. The other has a pretty new OTS lid. Both have dual cooking racks, spaced about 6" apart and an expanded metal fire basket. Each have intake ball valves mounted on 1" pipe risers to raise the valve off the ground.
*Electric Warming Cabinet
-32" deep, 60" tall, 24" wide (interior measurements)
-there's bout 6-8 full sheet pans (which I assume go with the cabinet)
-there are what look like adjustable rack supports that are loose and that go with it.
-2 doors, 1 upper and 1 lower

*10x7' trailer. 6' tall.
-3' side door
-double rear doors
-3'x4' consession window with screen
-Tires and wheels in good shape
-Vinyl tile floor
-White FRP covering on walls and ceiling
-Wired for electrical - multiple wall outlets
-(2) 4', double bulb light fixtures, mounted on walls in corners of wall/roof
-(2) ceiling light fixtures
-Drum brakes
-Single axle
-Heavy duty floor framing (looks like 6" or 8" channels)
-Electrical Breaker/electrical panel with 30A main and (2) 15A circuits for lighting and receptacles
-Flat ("round) front, flat roof

That's what I got.

I've looked on CL here for stuff, but there isn't any BGE's or WSM's for sale it would seem to gauge prices.

Any help will be appreciated.

Let me know if you need any more details on any of it to price.

Thanks all.

Thanks, Kempis. I hate to sell any of it, but need the cash more than the equipment. However, that said, I need to correct the list.

There is one UDS that was made specifically for me. It has graphics that are personalized, so there is only one UDS for sale. It is completely black and had a OTS bottom for a lid, modified to fit well. Cooks like a dream.

Also, the BGE should not be on the list. Sorry.

Finally, I thought the cambro was here with me. It was a gift from BBQ Bandit. I can't sell it. Sorry, again.

Wow, I am sorry to see this.

I am gonna guess here, based on what I would pay

Brinkmann - $50 expect
UDS, assuming in great shape - $150 ask
WSM - $175 ask
Green Bar-B-Kettle - $100
E-Z Up - $50 I agree

I would think the warming cabinet would fetch a fair bit more, if it's a Cambro or similar, they run new up to around $2000. If it's in good shape, offering it at around $1200 you might find a taker, quick sale, maybe ask $800. If it's stainless steel, one of the commercial restaurant models, maybe even more.

Bob, the warming cabinet is an electric warming cabinet. It works well. I was planning on using it to hold Q when vending. I'm not sure the brand.

Also, I forgot to note, the Brinkman was given to me modified as an electric, but the burner wore out. I moved it back to using charcoal, but never used it. I don't even know if it was worth keeping. Someone can HAVE it.

Wow, I am sorry to see this.

I am gonna guess here, based on what I would pay

Brinkmann - $50 expect
UDS, assuming in great shape - $150 ask
WSM - $175 ask
Green Bar-B-Kettle - $100
E-Z Up - $50 I agree

I would think the warming cabinet would fetch a fair bit more, if it's a Cambro or similar, they run new up to around $2000. If it's in good shape, offering it at around $1200 you might find a taker, quick sale, maybe ask $800. If it's stainless steel, one of the commercial restaurant models, maybe even more.

The warming cabinet BARELY fit in the trailer. It's actually taller than the rear door opening. I need to clear some space in the trailer and spin it to take some decent photos of it. I'll try and get that done so folks can see what it is. I honestly don't know much about it and I loaded it in 2012 (or whenever I went out there to get the trailer) and it's sat in the trailer in the garage ever since.

Thanks for the help.

A full sheet warming cabinet is useful to just about any restaurant, it's actually a little less useful to most caterers, for the reason you now, it's not super portable. But, I am certain you can find a buyer at a decent price, especially if it has the pans in it. Those alone, if in good shape will bring $5 to $8 a piece.

Sorry to here this. If you were closer, I'd "rent" some of your stuff from you till you needed it back. Can't help you on pricing. The only thing I know is BGE's and that understandably is not on the list.

Sorry to here this. If you were closer, I'd "rent" some of your stuff from you till you needed it back. Can't help you on pricing. The only thing I know is BGE's and that understandably is not on the list.

Thanks, anyway, for the thought. Yeah, the a Egg isn't on the list, as It isn't mine, it belongs to Wampus. He added it by mistake. Heck, if he is gonna add his stuff to y list, he can add his truck. That'll bring a pretty penny. :grin:

Seriously, nobody has an opinion on these items?

Wampus, are the electric steam tables table top, line electric chafers? Or are they freestanding Stainless?

Trying to toss some ideas out there. Since most will need to be sold locally as shipping costs will eat into profits. Maybe with the comp season in full swing people could organize a pick up deliver type deal if someone is interested in something they can get some of the bigger stuff moving that way or even getting the trailer loaded up to Dan? Just some ideas.

Maybe even sell some as a package deal with the trailer as it sounds like it could be used as a concessions trailer.

I would think the trailer will sell quickly if fairly priced, it would be a good bike hauler as well. Nice and clean.

I would think the trailer will sell quickly if fairly priced, it would be a good bike hauler as well. Nice and clean.

I thought of this too. There are no tie downs and there's not a rear ramp door, but it's SUPER heavy and has all the brake controls. It's a beast of a trailer and very well built. I've looked on CL and online a bit but most trailers this size are the cheaper cargo trailers and aren't a good comparable trailer, so I'm not sure what to price it at.

Seriously, nobody has an opinion on these items?

Wampus, are the electric steam tables table top, line electric chafers? Or are they freestanding Stainless?

They're buried under a stack of stuff on a shelf and covered in front by a table so I couldn't see them really well, but I THINK they are the electric table top kind. Look like all stainless with a dial temp setting that the half size SS pans sit into.

Dan, any idea if I'm correct at all?

Sorry guys, I really need to unload the whole trailer to see everything and it packed up tight. I have a Cub Scout Campout this weekend for about 50 ppl that I'm trying to get ready for and it competed all last weekend do I just haven't had the time in the daylight to get this done. It was all I could do on Monday to get in there and make a decent list with what I could see.

Thanks, Wampus, for your help with this.
Yes, the steam table is electric. New, in box.

I saw the 3-bay one in the box, but I also thought I saw some larger 2-bay electric chaffing dishes like these:

avantco-w50-12-x-20-electric-countertop-food-warmer.jpg

Like I said, they were buried. Maybe I saw them wrong......?

Kempis, yes. I forgot those were in there. They are electric, but they are really roasters. They can cook at temps up to 450, I believe, or as low as 200. We used them to hot hold and to serve food from when vending.

Thanks again.

Damn. I had a dream a few years ago, when I was a new member, about visiting Dan to see his BGE. Ronelle was there and a couple others. Went to the back yard to see the cooker and it was in pieces, scattered about the back yard, shards forming a path to the fire pot. Seems somehow prophetic now. That BGE was a birthday present I think.

Back