THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

sleebus.jones

is Blowin Smoke!
Name or Nickame
sleebs
So as we all know, a man can't have too many cookin' contraptions. I went out and snagged a weber kettle on the cheap from FB marketplace. Now i've got the idea I want to do some hot n' fast char-grilled STL ribs on it. I'm thinking SPG to let the char flavor shine through, but having not cooked much on a kettle, not exactly sure how to set up the heat. Direct? Indirect? Snake? I'm thinking indirect, but I also want to cook these suckers fast, like 1.5 hrs fast. I had a buddy do some on a little smokey joe cooker on the beach, and I couldn't believe how fast he got them done. I'm pretty sure it was at the 1.5 hr mark, and they were killer.

Anyway, any ideas/experience appreciated.

Thanks fellers! I ended up with the indirect method, probably chased the heat a bit much, but did ok for the first time. Ended up being about 3 hrs to cook, but they did turn out great. I like that Rosticciana recipe; that's kinda what I was looking for, probably will give that a try next time. That sounds more like the hot/fast I had in mind.

Back