Need some advice or just opinion.

Thanks Walshman
I’m waiting on both Moberg and Mill scale to contact me, last week they said they could have a smoker built in September. Because I’m on the ropes deciding, which ever can have one ready by then I’m going with due to, I will be in Austin watching the game and want to bring one home, I don’t think I can go wrong with either, just prefer the Moberg a bit more..Will see..

I'd be curious to know the offset smoker population change of Austin during a home game. Bet there are a ton & a lot of wispy blue smoke :)

Good luck on your choice bud. It's hard to make a judgement call when you haven't put your hands on them. You're going off of personal reviews & marketing wank. I'm sure you can't make a bad choice here beyond one that takes ya longer to get than the other.

Just my .02 so please ignore if it's offensive.

I would never again settle or compromise on a cooker choice. I've done it and that little voice in your head doesn't fade quickly. Get what you want. Then you'll never have to wonder "what if...".

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Just my .02 so please ignore if it's offensive.

I would never again settle or compromise on a cooker choice. I've done it and that little voice in your head doesn't fade quickly. Get what you want. Then you'll never have to wonder "what if...".

I agree with you. If I were spending $4K or more on a Pit, I wouldn't base my final decision on whether I could bring it home from a football game on a certain date. I'd place an order for the one I wanted and deal with delivery/pickup when it was ready.

Since I went with a Shirley, delivery to my driveway by LTG was never an issue.

I understand but owning a 250 gallon I kinda know what im looking for, I believe cooking will be close to the same, but the main difference being the insulated fire box, less fuel and the collector vs the reduced elbow..Don't know it all by any stretch of the imagination, but hopefully being in the food business and cooking on many pits it really does boil down to pickup time delivery since I live in Florida..FYI..I already been waiting on a reverse grill that has been 3 moths passed the build date and with no clue on when and many excuses just cancelled the order..Thanks for the feedback folks.

FWIW..My original post was about the collector and the elbow at the stack, not that im settling for a smoker because of convenience..Thanks again

Back