Need advice on a rotisserie

lantern

is One Chatty Farker
First things first. Nothing over $1000. I have another couple expenses coming up and if I break past that number at all I'd rather not do it at all due to the limited amount of time it will be in use.

I have wanted a rotisserie for some time. I looked at the Blackstone version for $200, but without any hands on experience or friends with one I have a hard time trusting the way it's built.

I have a Weber performer 22.5 and 22.5 WSM. Is it just idiocy to get anything else than the Cajun Bandit roti???

Any suggestions are appreciated. I saw some whole hog rotisseries for $500-$800 as well but have ZERO experience nor even saw one of those in the wild.

Thanks again.

I have the Weber brand rotisserie for my 22.5 kettle. I've had it for years and love it. It's a metal ring with a spit rod and motor, not a lot to em.

Ditto on the above..$149.00 from Amazon with free shipping or from Weber but I don't know the cost (if any) of shipping.

I have the Cajun Bandit going on 3 years, works great and never had a problem.

I have a Weber unit that's probably older than I am and a Joetisserie. Both were well under 1k both have had 0 issues.

Has anyone used their WSM as a rotisserie? The Cajun bandit makes sense to me sense I could spin on the WSM and still use my performer if I'm doing a bigger cook or vice versa.

I have the onlyfire roti for the 22.5in kettle. I'm not a big fan of it. The spit comes out of the motor while spinning pretty easily. There are also big gaps around the ring and the kettle itself.

If I was going to spend money on it (it was a gift), I would get something better made.

LOL!! Nevermind the WSM comment. I just realized I have the hinge on it and it would be incompatible unless I took it off. And That ain't happening. So, let's just assume I'm only using the Weber performer. hehehe

LOL!! Nevermind the WSM comment. I just realized I have the hinge on it and it would be incompatible unless I took it off. And That ain't happening. So, let's just assume I'm only using the Weber performer. hehehe

IMO, most of the food that gets spun is cooked on higher heat than the WSM will do. I would think it's a waste of time, and fuel to spin anything on WSM anyway.

Really? I can run my performer at 325 (indirect heat) with the rotesserie and it cooks the meat just fine. I wouldn't call 325 "high heat".

What had my interest in using the WSM was removing the pan and using wood/coals. Perhaps without using the dome lid.

The few I've seen have a removable pin in the hinge so the lid is removable, if you wish.

I have a WSM 22” and a Weber roti. I suspect it was designed for the kettle and not the WSM because the fit isn’t 100%, more like 98%. That said, it works extra well, I love the thing. I generally cook whole birds, lamb shoulders or straight rack of pork. I usually take out both grates and the water pan - you can get any temp you want. Sometimes I’ll use the lower grate and I have a long thin Creuset enamelware dish That I align with the shaft and I put potatoes in and let the drippings cook the spuds. Especially nice with Kumara aka sweet potato. I use the WSM’s lid often to increase smoke effect.

I just got the Cajun bandit rotisserie so I have the option of using it on multiple cookers Kettle or WSM if I wish. If I’m spending the money I like to have options for how I’m cooking. Being able to use it on multiple cookers was important to me and so far it works great on both. I also like the option of a battery operated motor. No cord.

What had my interest in using the WSM was removing the pan and using wood/coals. Perhaps without using the dome lid.
I burn small splits or chunks to one side in my kettle while using my rotisserie. The flames only get a chance to kiss the meat as it passes by.

Back