THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

R

redbandit98

Hey guys, the wife has been on me about what I want for Christmas. I always tell her nothing and she gets angry because she never knows what to buy. I have been wanting a vacuum sealer but have noticed there are VAST price differences in them. I guess they are like everything else, you get what you pay for. I would like to keep it around 125 bucks or less. Can anyone recommend me a decent unit for around that price? I would obviously like to get the biggest one I could for the money, but would rather have a smaller one that is better quality. I was hoping maybe some of you that have one could chime in and point me in the right direction.

Thanks
matt

I have been wanting a vacuum sealer but have noticed there are VAST price differences in them. I guess they are like everything else, you get what you pay for. I would like to keep it around 125 bucks or less. Can anyone recommend me a decent unit for around that price?
Thanks
matt

Foodsaver is the only brand I have used in your price range. I am on my 4th in 8 years. From their cheapest model to the Game Saver Pro which I have now, they work great...for about 2 years and then seem to wear out, always after the warrenty is gone, at least my 4 have. I would say I have spent about $400 in the last 8 years.

This is not a cheap unit, but I bet it is the 1st and last unit you would buy...and you do get what you pay for

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/links/link.jsp?id=0069038519156a&type=product&cmCat=SEARCH_all&returnPage=search-results1.jsp&Ntt=vacume+sealers&Ntk=Products&sort=all&Go.y=5&_D%3AhasJS=+&N=0&_D%3Asort=+&Nty=1&hasJS=true&Go.x=15&_DARGS=%2Fcabelas%2Fen%2Fcommon%2Fsearch%2Fsearch-box.jsp.form1&_dyncharset=ISO-8859-1

I am in the market for one as well and have been searching. A guy that sells smoked fish at the farmers market I do, said he has had his for several (4-5) years and very happy with it. It's about $90. The web site is:

sorbentsystems.com

I am looking to puchase one. They have bags that you can freeze, boil, etc. No, I do not work for this company. The model this guy uses is the VS280.

Costco has a decent model for home use. $150.00

Picture012-1.jpg

Foodsaver is the only brand I have used in your price range. I am on my 4th in 8 years. From their cheapest model to the Game Saver Pro which I have now, they work great...for about 2 years and then seem to wear out, always after the warrenty is gone, at least my 4 have. I would say I have spent about $400 in the last 8 years.

This is not a cheap unit, but I bet it is the 1st and last unit you would buy...and you do get what you pay for

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/t...h/search-box.jsp.form1&_dyncharset=ISO-8859-1

Too bad they dont have a warranty..That sucks. Most things that are refurbs usually have the same warranty as a new one would. $350 on something that doesn't even have a 90 day warranty...ouch. I agree though, It does look pretty solid.

You will laugh but I bought a Reynolds hani-vac (?) and it works fantastic - I reuse the bags and it was all of $15 (Extra bags can be had cheap if you search) - It's battery powered and I use it all the time and its still going strong.

Just a thought....

I am in the market for one as well and have been searching. A guy that sells smoked fish at the farmers market I do, said he has had his for several (4-5) years and very happy with it. It's about $90. The web site is:

sorbentsystems.com

I am looking to puchase one. They have bags that you can freeze, boil, etc. No, I do not work for this company. The model this guy uses is the VS280.

Garth, I have used the Sorbent systems machine for several years now. I love it. Bent, they even sell repair parts for it. I end up giving away more BBQ than I eat. The food saver bags are too expensive for that. Food saver is like a HP Printer. They give it to you really cheap but then go buy some ink!
The sorbent systems machine wont suck canisters or jars of peanuts but if you don't use that function, check them out. Look at the price of bags (pre-made). I don't think it can be beat for a hundred bucks.

NUTZ
PS. No, I don't work for them. In fact, I don't work!

Back