THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

P

Piginapit

Anybody know of any Amature/Backyard BBQ contests in North Carolina this year? I would like to do a couple this year but I dont want to drop the $250 entry fee for a Pro contest several times for a beginner! There is one in Lincolnton in June but I will at a wedding and will miss it.

Thanks for looking...There is a contest out in Franklin NC the 7th and 8th of August. They have a "backyard" contestant entry but I might just bite the bullet and go for the full contest. Even if I only do one this year It will give me a good idea of how good/bad my stuff is! There are several within driving distance I plan on hitting as a hungry spectator instead too!!!

I was going to mention the one in Franklin. I am very highly considering the pro division... But, the entry fee is like a hundred bucks more just to enter the pro, and only add the brisket category.... but of course the payout is a LOT less too. I haven't made my mind up for sure, but it is on my list of comps for the year....

I take it you have done a search on KCBS, as well as the Mid-Atlantic, and NC BBQ societies????

Bill

if yall hear of any others i would like to know as well

yes - blues brews and bbq in charlotte. happens in september. both backyard and MinM qualifier. it's part of charlotte shout

8cb99ba3.jpg

gets some quality talent...

34c8a924-1-1.jpg

Back