Naturiffic QSalt Push Button Flat Iron

Thank goodness it was a great piece of beef. Juicy, tender awesome flavor. Seasoning spot on. Bride said perfect. She's sincere, she likes her steak medium. Kind of like when she burns the bottom of a biscuit, cookie or cornbread. I like burnt bottom bread, she likes rare bread. I missed my mark 12 degrees. Planned on removing at 130 and all of a sudden it was 142. This happens more than I like. She's happy though. That's positive.

Last edited:
That do look good...

Those flat irons punch above their weight, don't they.

I don’t recall seeing a chuck eye steak (haven’t looked hard though) but just looking at the description I’d think it would be close in taste/texture. Obviously there was plenty left. Saving for small cubes for chili mixed with ground beef, someday

I don’t recall seeing a chuck eye steak (haven’t looked hard though) but just looking at the description I’d think it would be close in taste/texture. Obviously there was plenty left. Saving for small cubes for chili mixed with ground beef, someday

I think both cuts are good. The variance between individual animals and the cooking method could make it go either way...

It's darn sure high-end chili meat. Then again, I think chili is high-end food...

Full disclosure. This was yellow tagged 40% off so cost was manageable. Think I paid 12 and change. In the Wikipedia link one of the multiple names for flat iron mentions clod. Before boxed beef and brisket there was slow cooked Shoulder clod(if I recall bbq history correctly*) Tracking that logic flat iron is an ancestor of an historical cut of shoulder clod. Just more manageable for a backyard cook. Clods are humongous or so I’ve read. I’ve never seen one.

* it’s early be kind if I am off in recall:/))

Back