Naming your stuff

16Adams

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
I don't personally name my cookers. What I call them all start with lower case letters unless using their manufactured names. I actually understand naming them and one of the first things I do is read the lineup and ordained names of Brethren posts.

ATTST- Do any name their dishes served? Obviously SOS comes to mind, but I'm talking. Was just reading a couple dishes called Calamity Jane and John Wayne.

I don't, but enjoy folks who do

SOS sounds good

Last edited:
Nope.
I did name the Big Poppa drum. It's "The Music Man".

I don't understand the need to rename food items. A stuffed onion has now become an onion bomb? Why? :laugh:

Back in the day it was trendy to name your Big Green Eggs. In fact a couple of Eggheads made custom engraved handles. So for a while I called my Eggs 'Fat Man' and 'Little Boy'.

The Mrs. named all of ours. The 18.5" and 22" WSMs are Mama Bear and Papa Bear, the blue 22" kettle is Blue and the 26er is Big Grill Susan. Our small steak cooking grill made by the inmates at Parchman State Prison is, naturally, Prison Grill.

Over the years, some members have referred to their cookers by name- all sorts of names. And just like naming children some are great, some are so-so and a few were "wow- you must have been drunk".

My 30 gallon UDS has a name. I built it for my brother-in-law who was in poor heath for his last few years. After he passed, my sister-in-law asked me if I wanted it back... told her sure- if I could call it "Rodney" after him. I did- and I refer to my cooks on that smoker as "spending the day with Rodney". God love him.

I don't name cookers, or other things like cars either. Many people do. My youngest daughter names her cars. Guess I don't really even talk about my cookers much and if I do I just say "flattop" or "pellet grill" or "stick burner." Those don't really count as names, right?

I don't name smokers, vehicles, shotguns, rifles, tractors, lawn mowers, golf clubs, or dish towels.

When I first joined the Brethren I named my cookers. A while later someone referred to one my cookers by the name I gave it and I didn't remember that I gave it that name. My memory sucks so I gave up on the names. :oops:

When I set up my blue tooth/wifi on my smoker I had to name device. So I called it the black pearl it's what my family calls my truck. Totally blacked out mega cab.

My big girl is named "Booooooooxxxxxxxaannnneeeee" or whatever The Police said cuz we don't even turn off the red light....

You can literally seen it written on her... lol Here she is right after I built her back in 2018 before I painted on her black dress... lol
hKW0x7i.jpg

We name cars, cookers, trailers, not sure when it started, I think when the kids were little.

They will be 18 in 6 weeks.

Damn.

Time marches on…

Back