THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

1911Ron

is Blowin Smoke!
Name or Nickame
Ron
I have done ribs several times, i have done 3-2-1,i have done no wrap but spritzed with apple juice and water but with a deflector in my drum. This time i did naked ribs with no deflector at around 280deg. Lessons learned: i put to much rub on causing it to burn (crispy bark:tsk:) i also used lump for the second time and used less smoking wood (apple/hickory) as the first time using lump it was way powerful smoke, this time i had good flavor, but as mentioned earlier they had a crispy bark (ok burnt:rolleyes:) but juicey inside.
Also did 3 spatchcocked chickens that turned out great:becky:
Nakedribs_zps0dfdc331.jpg

Ribsandchicken_zpsec9560ff.jpg

Use the Rub Sparingly and cut way back on the sugar content in it and try it again. When I apply my rub you really have to look to see it on the surface. Less is SOOOO much more. Birds have a nice color.

Use the Rub Sparingly and cut way back on the sugar content in it and try it again. When I apply my rub you really have to look to see it on the surface. Less is SOOOO much more. Birds have a nice color.
I will try that next time with my ribs and thanks for the comment on the birds, was really happy with how they turned out.

Back