THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Moose

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
Richard
I was hoping to enter the "Leftover Throwdown", and almost made it had we not started dinner so late, but by the time the meal was ready, it was too late to process the pics and get them posted, plus I didn't want my meal to get cold.

Nonetheless, I thought I would share with all of you anyway.

My main leftover ingredient was some pulled pork we cooked chili colorado style. We made the sauce from beef broth, New Mexico and guajillo chiles, tomatoes, onion, garlic, and a few other seasonings. I thought this would be good on nachos:

IMG_4253.jpg

I also cooked up some homemade chili beans with Mexican chorizo and ground beef:

IMG_4252.jpg

Meanwhile, the Missus fried up some fresh tortilla chips:

IMG_4258.jpg

We also made up some fresh pico de gallo and grated a nice pile of Colby Jack:

IMG_4257.jpg

Then piled the chips high with cheese:

IMG_4259.jpg

Then topped with the chili colorado and chili beans:

IMG_4260.jpg

The plate went under the broiler till the cheese turned to melty goodness, then topped with fresh pico and sliced avocado:

IMG_4263.jpg

IMG_4265.jpg

Thanks for checking out my nachos!

I just ate lunch (spicy pork burrito from Kogi :thumb:) and you got me wanting to eat again! :hungry: That looks fantastic - I love nachos! :clap2:

That's mean to post pics that good of something that never really happened. Makes it taste like dust and grime when I lick my screen instead of awesome nacho goodness!

Back