THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Under the basket is 1" high bar grating so there is place for ashes.

I did a turkey sunday and it came out great, only thing I did wrong was I put liquid in the drip pan, when it was done there was more liquid in the pan than I started with and made the skin a little tuff. I think there is plenty of moisture in the can so Ill not add anything next time.

So far the bottom of drum is clean, the drip pan caught everything but I am going to make a plate for the top of fire box that I can cover with foil so its always clean.

I did the burn in with cut hard wood and it was HOT :mrgreen: for the cook I just used kingsford cheapstuff it was ok too.

I did notice that the next day there was not many ashes collected, my weber kettle would have tons of it.

One thing I would change is if it didnt have a cart then the tube I used for firebox would not be made of 3/8 wall, thing was 100lbs lol

So finally got the handle on this thing, had some issues keeping it hot and some bad taste/smoke from it. I think it was creosote from poor burn at the start.
What I did this time was only use half a basket and let it roll for about 1 hr before putting anything on, it was at 500 when I closed the door and put the lid on, very little smoke, blue not white and it did a chicken just beautiful at around 310 degrees without having to mess with it. No foul taste and just moist and tender smokyness. :thumb:

Cant wait to do some ribs and a brisket.:mrgreen:

Back