THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Great info and I appreciate you letting us know! It is an interesting option. I think you have a great idea and I think you should push them on the two zone idea! Being able to fire up one side of the grill for only 1 steak, etc and having a cooler side would be a GREAT idea. As far as I know, there isn’t another pellet option out there that does that - dual zone pellet cooker! Great review and ideas!

PG500 and PG1000 do.

I had a YS640 and it only has one burner. I guess I should have been more specific and said that it would be cool to have two burners which created 2 zones.

$1200 USD will make it a very pricey proposition in downside up land.

Assembled in the US from (mainly) Chinese parts, ship to Aussie Land, sell through expensive Weber outlets I can guarantee this thing is going to retail starting over $2500 AUD. I can get a Traeger for $1200 and a Louisiana Pellet Grill for about AUD $900 from Costco.

Costco sell the membership, so the price is OK, Traeger ship direct from the China factory, so the price is OK. There's no way I could justify the price no matter how good they are.

I will never understand why things are so expensive in Australia. We have “expensive retailers” here too and the prices are reasonable. At most it should be the additional cost of one more boat ride.

Will there be an option for a front stainless table? It looks odd sans table. Where will I set my beer when checking temps? Major flaw! lol

Justin, did you get or pre-order in? Or will they be sending you one to review? I think I'm going to sit on the sidelines for the first six months and read the reviews by real world use.
Very smart. Weber is awesome but you never know.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I will never understand why things are so expensive in Australia. We have “expensive retailers” here too and the prices are reasonable. At most it should be the additional cost of one more boat ride.

Firstly, we're a long way off. Secondly, we are a tiny market in a massive country. Picture the population of California only in the entirety of the USA and it means our infrastucture requirements per capita are huge and as such all costs are higher.

Thirdly, businesses pay for that infrastructure through high rents and in addition we have (in general) living wages and fairly high taxation and (more or less) universal healthcare.

Finally, Weber charges a fortune for resellers to be "official resellers" and they pass the costs onto us.

My 2 Weber units (Performer 22 and WSM 22) were bought on Amazon years ago before Weber blocked parallel importing. I paid less than HALF for my 2 units including shipping than I would have paid retail from a dealer in Melbourne.

So, sadly this is the way it is. To be honest, I don't mind. Do I want a cheap BBQ, or do I want a decent wage, job security, good roads and the prospect of being cared for if I get sick without the crippling expense that would come with that without insurance (or even WITH insurance).

Weber, being who and what they are put themselves out of my price range.

Justin, did you get or pre-order in? Or will they be sending you one to review? I think I'm going to sit on the sidelines for the first six months and read the reviews by real world use.

I could have swore I responded to this last night. I must not have hit send (I'm fighting off a pretty nasty virus).

This is one I will buy if they don't send me one. I really like what they did under the hood because everything they preemptively fixed are problems I've had first hand. i like the looks of the YS1500 better but other than that all I really ask of a pellet grill is reliability, versatility, and easy of clean up and I THINK that's what they've done, but if not, I'll definitely let y'all know.

Justin:
Great video as usual. Do you know if they have any plans to make a built in model?

They didn't say that specifically but they made it clear they are committed to this and this is just the first step. Lots of plans and Ideas for the future so I would imagine if the demand is there they would consider it. They are particularly interested in feedback Right now so I'd call in and tell them if you are interested in that. At the moment, however, I get the impression they are sorta just focused on having a successful launch.

Firstly, we're a long way off. Secondly, we are a tiny market in a massive country. Picture the population of California only in the entirety of the USA and it means our infrastucture requirements per capita are huge and as such all costs are higher.

Thirdly, businesses pay for that infrastructure through high rents and in addition we have (in general) living wages and fairly high taxation and (more or less) universal healthcare.

Finally, Weber charges a fortune for resellers to be "official resellers" and they pass the costs onto us.

My 2 Weber units (Performer 22 and WSM 22) were bought on Amazon years ago before Weber blocked parallel importing. I paid less than HALF for my 2 units including shipping than I would have paid retail from a dealer in Melbourne.

So, sadly this is the way it is. To be honest, I don't mind. Do I want a cheap BBQ, or do I want a decent wage, job security, good roads and the prospect of being cared for if I get sick without the crippling expense that would come with that without insurance (or even WITH insurance).

Weber, being who and what they are put themselves out of my price range.

I hope the price comes down.

When will you get one delivered to you?

I don’t know if mine is going to be comped by the company or if I’m paying for it, but I’m pretty sure I won’t be able to get it early either way. They are still working on the Wi-Fi app. Once that’s done, they’re going to ship everybody’s out. They really want to get it those products out as fast as possible once it’s done. I can’t blame them.

Back