THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Just awesome. I've heard of nightmare stories with movers that didn't turn out so well. Even though you had to wait 18 months - looks like the wait was definitely worth it!

David brought me some cool stuff.... a jacket.... sauce he makes that is Killer....some of his homemade sausage... and some of the best boudan i have had that he made.... i love boudan and have had it from all over his is top tier

the jacket

Wg6gy9Kh.jpg

sauce is killer

2ULd0v5h.jpg

boudan and sausage i cooked some today

jkMcq3Zh.jpg

FxxCCUmh.jpg

David is a stand up guy for sure!!!!!!!

If I were you I would have probably insisted on double the purchase price or I call an attorney. I really wouldn't go through with getting an attorney but I'd sure make them sweat for a few days. The fact that they were trying to screw you (and certainly would have if not for the fine print) would have made it a tough lesson for them.

Last edited:
So what happened to the bent up Klose? You get to keep it too? Bet Paul can fix it. They’d look sweet next to each other!

They sent a crew to pick up the Klose and hand-deliver the check. I told them that I was fine having the Klose repaired, as long as it was repaired by Klose. I wanted new tables, wheels, etc and I wanted the welds inspected. My biggest fear was that they'd fix it and the firebox welds would crack the first time I used it.

On a side note: Dealing with Paul is amazing. He provided solid advice and really helped guide me to the right decisions for my budget. No flashly salesmanship, just a guy who takes pride in making a solid product.

Thats a good looking pit and congrats. I dont see how yall burn such large splits. If I put a seasoned split that large in my Lang 48 she will bellow white smoke BAD!!! I would love to be able to use larger splits as I feed her every 20 minutes as it is. Maybe in about 13 months when I get my Shirley I can. Cant wait.

Long-term follow-up report. This weekend makes 4 years since I picked up my custom Shirley (08/01/2018). I am cooking a brisket and turkey today and thinking that it *really* is the perfect smoker. I wouldn't change a single thing about it. It is fuel efficient, it holds temps, and the temps are even across the grates.

If I have any regrets at all, it would be not spending the extra on the baffle block, but that was an add-on.

Paul and Tyler really make a quality product.

Long-term follow-up report. This weekend makes 4 years since I picked up my custom Shirley (08/01/2018). I am cooking a brisket and turkey today and thinking that it *really* is the perfect smoker. I wouldn't change a single thing about it. It is fuel efficient, it holds temps, and the temps are even across the grates.

If I have any regrets at all, it would be not spending the extra on the baffle block, but that was an add-on.

Paul and Tyler really make a quality product.

Agreed!
Best smoker I’ve ever owned

Back