My plan to trade in the Primo, was DENIED

My wife is the same way. She's never once questioned or raised concerns about any grill/smoker of the years. I've trade grills/smokers in and out as time has gone on. I can not get her to budge on selling one of our Mini Big Green Eggs.

You can get a Blazn Grillworks Grand Slam for about $1,400 or so. They are made in the US. I have heard good things about them, but never owned one. All my cookers are US made, but I just bought my step son a Rec-Teq 590. He loves it.

You can get a Blazn Grillworks Grand Slam for about $1,400 or so. They are made in the US. I have heard good things about them, but never owned one. All my cookers are US made, but I just bought my step son a Rec-Teq 590. He loves it.

Those look incredibly similar to Yoder pellet grills, any relation?

I am a research, and research again type a guy.
Given I am leaving on an RV trip for 3 weeks, this is gonna take me some time.

It will give me some time to decide if I want to spend 2 or 3 times what I really want to though to stay 100% USA.

There are several different dealers for the various brands close enough for me to visit when I return.

I still kinda like the Grilla even though it is not 100% USA.

No drum, no mak, no nothin else...

My only two choices are now down to the Grilla Silverback pellet and the Masterbuilt 1050 gravity.

Leaning towards the Grilla due to the 4 yr warranty vs 1 yr for the MB and I think I can get more burn time. Plus I have never had a pellet, so...

ummmm if it’s warranty yer after has anyone mentioned MAK?

They offered a retroactive warranty, any other maker done that?

Yes, they extended the warranty on some parts retroactively!

We didn’t get that warranty when we bought the grill the warranty wasn’t offered. The warranty was added I think 18 months after our purchase but we were grandfathered in.

THAT doesn’t happen!

But it did with MAK!

There is a difference in assembled in the USA vs made in the USA, I doubt any unit put together here don't have parts from other country's in it, fan and auger motors and electronic boards ect. lots of choices lotta $ involved

I wrote a quick review of the Smokin' Brothers Premier 24" a few weeks ago. Really like the cooker. Does everything I need it to. I can't swear to it, but I'm pretty sure it is 100% American, but I've been proven wrong before. I DO know they are good, hard working people.

I also have the little brother to the MB1050. If you can accept some quirks, it too is a good cooker. I use both regularly, with great results.

Back