THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ya got the right people on that project....it's vented. I've seen too many that aren't...it's the little details, ya know!

-D

You have a great set up there - I am jealous!

Thank you for what you do - too many people do not respect the blue.

Fantastic Kitchen! Sorry to bump this old thread!

I had a question about your power burner. What model is that? Do you use it for wok cooking and how do you think it performs? How big a pot can you boil over it? I see you installed it at counter height as I plan on, how has it faired?

I'm currently planning my outdoor kitchen and typically wok cook over a jet propane burner. I was wondering if it really is powerful enough for that instant sear and juice burnoff on steak without producing the steam effect. Thanks!

Fantastic Kitchen! Sorry to bump this old thread!

I had a question about your power burner. What model is that? Do you use it for wok cooking and how do you think it performs? How big a pot can you boil over it? I see you installed it at counter height as I plan on, how has it faired?

I'm currently planning my outdoor kitchen and typically wok cook over a jet propane burner. I was wondering if it really is powerful enough for that instant sear and juice burnoff on steak without producing the steam effect. Thanks!

Wow... was surprised to see this thread again. :)

To answer your questions: The burner is a Blaze Power burner https://www.blazegrills.com/product/blaze-professional-built-in-power-burner/

And yes, I have used it for stir-fry with a wok multiple times with great results. I have to lower the output actually sometimes because it gets scorching hot.

I've cooked the biggest pots I have on it and the heat is PLENTY for anything. I've even used my FireDisc on it to cook a massive pot of Jambalaya. https://www.firedisccookers.com/product/firedisc-deep-36-inch-cooker/

Counter height is perfect. I couldn't be more pleased with it.

A recommendation is make sure you install plenty out AC outlets for ancillary stuff. I vaccum my Memphis out, I have used electric chaffing dishes to server at a party, I use an electric fryer on the countertop occasionally.

Beautiful CONGRATS sir , that gone be lifetime of good memories on the way ! love the sign ! my name sake as well so i really like it

Back