My new Komodo Kamado Setup

Outstanding. I've been tracking the progress of these on the other site. Glad to see that they arrive safely! Time to fire 'em up!

Dude... seriously?! Those are freakin' sweet. If you only knew the envy spewing from my end of the screen. Very good taste, congrats.

I woke up this morning and it must have rained last night. The new cover from KK worked perfect!!

_DSC1386.jpg

I ran out of time last night and didnt get a chance to empty the KKs with all of their stuff.... man this was a lot of work. There is so much stuff packed inside.

here is the contents of the 23" the 32" is about the same

_DSC1387.jpg

The grills are so bloody heavy... they are very well built and robust!!

Each KK came with three grilling racks, labeled lower, main and upper.... the 32 also came with a bonus half grill. The deflector stone on the 23" is a one piece and the 32" comes in 4 pieces. They are thick and heavy!! should do a great job deflecting heat!

each KK came with a little box of goodies, tools and extra pieces that you may lose along the way

_DSC1391.jpg

_DSC1392.jpg

the main grate is awesome!! and did I mention crazy heavy!!

Here is a picture of the 32" and 23" main cooking grate

_DSC1401.jpg

Well I finally got to the bottom of the pit and wanted to get going on the burn in process.... I used about a half a bag of RO red to fill both the 23" and 32". I assume that I could have filled the basket higher

the 23" basket loaded up

_DSC1403.jpg

and the 32" basket loaded up

_DSC1402.jpg

The baking stones are one piece again super heavy and well built. The picture is a bit washed out but it is a little darker grey than this

_DSC1404.jpg

the included drip pans with each KK

_DSC1405.jpg

I ordered the rotisserie for only the 32". Its massive and seems well built

_DSC1406.jpg

and concluded the unwrapping with the double bottom drip pans. These things are heavy!!! They may be the heaviest item next to the stones. They look great and will definitely act as a drip pan and deflector all in one!!

_DSC1407.jpg

Got the tel-tru installed and now we are slowly getting up in temp to complete the burn in.

It is a very exciting time, however, in all honesty... I am really tired out. This was a huge order and lots of work... the joints and muscles are paying for it a bit today!!

Wow!! Those things are beautiful!

I don't even want to know the cost on those big dogs!!:shock:

Inspiring setup. I was already googling before I even finished the thread. I was actually just thinking about getting a ceramic cooker. Now it's serious.

Stellar setup.

Inspiring setup. I was already googling before I even finished the thread. I was actually just thinking about getting a ceramic cooker. Now it's serious.

Stellar setup.

Komodo Kamado is the real deal. Dennis linkletter yet is the owner of the company and he will deal with you from beginning to end. It was a great purchase for me!!

Let me know if I can help

Last edited:
WOW. You are pretty much the Kamado King on this board with 5 cookers. Can't wait to see some cook threads on these...

Back