THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wow guys thanks for all the replies. I already replaced the camera, so the wife is happy and all is good.

I had a couple requests for the recipe for the marinade paste, so I figured I'd post it here. I don't usually measure ingredients, so this is my best guess;

2 dried guajillo peppers, stem and seeds removed
2 dried ancho pasilla peppers, stem and seeds removed
3 canned cipotle peppers, seeds removed
2-3tbs adobo sauce
2tbs olive oil
1tbs cumin
1tbs oregano
3tbs canned crushed pineapple
2tbs white vinegar
5 cloves fresh garlic
2tbs smoked paprika
salt

Boil 3 cups of water and pour over dried peppers and allow to steep for 30 minutes.

Place all ingredients in bowl of food processor and process in a smooth paste. If needed use a few tablespoons of the chili water to thin the paste to desired thickness.

This paste marinade is powerful stuff so a little goes a long way, the acid from the vinegar and pineapple will tenderize the meat so don't overdue it on marinate time or you will end up with mush.

I was in San Antonio a few years ago and had the delight of eating Tacos Al Pastor at a place called Guajillos possibly the best mouthgasm I have ever had. We tried making them back here in the UK and although they were nice they were nowhere near as good as they were at Guajillos. I will try your recipe and hopefully get close to that awesome taste!

Back