My Mother and Mother In Law

16Adams

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
They both did this, as well as oven. If these tropical storm winds don't calm this week I may try this. May I say.
May

Crockpot Barbecue Ribs
Ingredients
* 2 cups your favorite Barbecue Sauce
* 2 tbsp brown sugar
* 3 cloves garlic, freshly minced
* 2 tsp Worcestershire Sauce
* 1 tsp cayenne pepper, optional
* 4 to 5 pounds baby back ribs
Instructions
FIRST STEP:
In a zip lock bag pour in the Barbecue Sauce
Add in the brown sugar, garlic, Worcestershire sauce and cayenne if chosen
SECOND STEP:
Zip the bag closed and using your hands to knead the bag, mix the sauce ingredients together well.
Open the bag and stick the ribs inside
THIRD STEP:
Close the bag and shake the bag to coat the ribs completely
Spray the inside of the crock pot
FOURTH STEP:
Open the bag and place the ribs into the crock pot
Pour ¾ of the sauce from the bag into the crock pot, making sure to cover the ribs with the sauce.
FIFTH STEP:
Cook on high for 4 to 5 hours for fall off the bone meat, on low for 9 hours for fall off the bone.
If you prefer the meat super soft, but staying on the bone, cook on low for 7 hours to fall off the bone meat.
SIXTH STEP:
Have some of the sauce available for on the table, then each person can choose if they want more or not.
Enjoy!

When I was a kid, I worked in a restaurant that served beef short ribs on the buffet. We used to put a bunch of them in a roasting pan, season with SPG and dehydrated onions. Fill the pan about halfway with water, cover, and roast for about 3 hours or so I think. When they were done, we pulled them out and dunked them in a BBQ sauce we made that was Ketchup, Brown sugar, worcestershire, mustard. We'd put them in a buffet pan with a little sauce.....

Not BBQ, but some mighty fine eating as I remember.....

An ole buddy of mine at work did very similar with deer ribs for his fellow workers in the maintenance shop.

His procedure was a bit simpler. Pull the membrane. Season them as his mood suited at the time. Pack the crockpot full with ribs. Empty the last of all the BBQ sauce bottles he had on hand over the top of the ribs along with a little water and cook all night on low. His taste ran toward vinegary sauces and he let the sauce mix be on the thin side. He'd add more sauce while cooking if room allowed.

Next day at work he'd continue cooking and often turn up on high. By morning break they would be ready and he'd be spooning the bones out of the mix.

Throughout the day the pot would be on low again and more bones would come out of the pot. By afternoon break the pot would be sopped clean.

Back