My Lighter Fluid Confession

KevGuy

Knows what a fatty is.
Name or Nickame
Kevin
Picked up 2 top sirloin steaks For supper from the butcher today last minute before they closed.

Figured I’d just cook them up on the portable for this evening would do rather than get the 22” Weber going. Wasn’t really thinking and poured the briquettes into the bbq and piled them up to one side. Then I said to myself “hold on, I have a charcoal chimney! Why am I doing this?” Decided to say screw it. Out came the lighter fluid and I doused them good. Lit them up and off they went.

kZyroui.jpg

Waited 25 minutes, all ashed over, no smell of lighter fluid. On with the steaks and all was good. Oh, ignore the dog in the second pic, he’s always around when food is on the go.

tMUAvuU.jpg

Last edited:
Nothing wrong with lighter fluid.

Brings back good memories of childhood.

Nothing wrong with good memories of childhood.

Great looking steaks but I could not bring myself to take a chance ruining good steaks by using starter fluid to start my charcoal. With a chimney using crumpled newspaper I can have hot coals in about 15 minutes. Glad it worked out for you. By the way how were the steaks? Hope you are enjoying your new cooking area.
Tom

Your sin will be forgiven. Just smoke 1 brisket, 2 pork butts, 3 racks of ribs, 4 chickens and then call us when dinner is ready!

Back