THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Doing some work on forum. You may experience an error when u try to post or save a setting. It's only temporary.

brochip1

Knows what a fatty is.
Saturday was a great day. My folks were in town and my Dad and I spent the day playing with fire and smoke! I was able to get his help using some deceptive practices. I told him we were smoking a brisket for dinner that night (which was true) as well as for church dinner on the grounds Sunday afternoon (also true). I then mentioned that there was some more that needed to be cooked to be able to place in the freezer (true). But what I failed to mention to him was that he was helping to prepare some of his own Christmas present. He received a Big Hat offset as a gift last year (first smoker he's ever owned or used), and has been a little overwhelmed with it. Besides helping him with a couple of racks of ribs, he's only used his firebox to cook steaks. Well by the time we were done Saturday he had helped me to prepare and cook 4 briskets, 4 pork loins, 2 St. Louis cut ribs, 2 babyback ribs, and 1 spare. The brisket for dinner and church turned out great! Everything else was vacuum sealed and placed in the freezer without him having an inkling. My only regret is that I didn't capture the day with pictures. I'm going to have to become diligent in getting days like that recorded. It was a great cook, a great time with family, and I believe at Christmas it's going to be a great surprise when he realizes how good a job he did cooking his own brisket!

Those Big Hat smokers are pretty nice. Did he get the horizontal or vertical offset? Nothing like tending the fire and making great Q to bring the family together.

Cool story , you don't need no stinking pictures, you and your dad will have great memories and stories to tell.

Larry

That's an awesome day. I bet he loves his Christmas present.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Glad to hear it went well. Since you didn't take any pictures of your largest cook to date, how about a picture of my largest dates to cook?

Attachments

• premium-l-j-sj.jpg
    premium-l-j-sj.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 83
Back