THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rick Bayless is probably among my top 5 favorite chefs in the world!

Did you see him on Top Chef Masters on Bravo? It was pretty cool. They had to make dishes based on unusual cuts of meat like tongue, heart, etc. He had beef tongue and made beef tongue tacos with a salsa verde and ended up winning. They have one more show to do before all the winners face each other in a final.

On a side note, on the new season of Top Chef that is coming up in August, they will have a chef at one of my favorite restaurants in Atlanta, a tapas place called Pura Vida. The chef's name is Hector Santiago, so root for him if you watch the show!

Yeah I saw Top Chef Masters... My wife and I are hooked on the Top Chef shows... I know it's hokey, but I love it. Watching the Masters (and I must say they REALLY had some top notch Chefs) is a blast. It is crazy to watch them whip up all that amazing food in such a short period of time. ( I am also hooked on Iron Chef America for the same reasons)

and LJH... My top 5 "famous chefs" would be in no particular order:

Rick Bayless - Most incredible authentic Mexican out there IMO.

Mario Batalli - Just eat at one of his restaurants and you'll know why. Such incredible food that is so simply but perfectly prepared.

Hubert Keller - WOW. If you ever get to Vegas and hit the jackpot try his restaurant. It will knock your taste buds into overdrive. It is PRICEY, but if you ever wanna see what GREAT food looks like...

Daniel Boulud - My wife loves watching him on TV and he does French Food very very well...

and... I know I am gonna catch flak on here for this one, but...

Bobby Flay - The best steak I have ever eaten (including my own which makes me sad because I can grill a steak dammit!) came from Mesa Grill. Also, I had a Pork Tenderloin there that was so good it almost made me cry... They have the best blue corn tamales I have ever eaten also...

and one honorable mention - I am not a huge Emeril fan, they have a Banana Cream Pie that was possibly the best I have ever eaten... I LIKE PIE!

Just happened to be making a batch of Salsa Verde and took some pics
This is my recipe posted above on July 16

Before the oven:

salsaverde7-19-09005.jpg

After 45 minutes at 450 F:

salsaverde7-19-09009.jpg

Wait til it cools to room temperature, add 1/2 cup coarsely chopped cilantro and blend - should have a little chunkiness to it - don't puree'..

Am using in on chicken cheese enchiladas tonight - works well on grilled chicken breasts as well. Or as a dip with chips - pretty versatile.

looks very similar to the one I posted... good stuff about to happen there! Try it with the cumin sometime ljh! It really adds a nice little something to it!

Jamuzzyhunter.........;}-

I have to chuckle:rolleyes:,I planted just 4 Tomotillo plants one time and they "took opver my little garden and produced so many I couldn't keep up.
IMHO, you should take orders to GIVE them away when they start to come off the vine!!!!!LMAO:shock:
You may need to search recipes for salsa, you're gonna have a bunch:!::!::!:
:icon_cool

I have to chuckle:rolleyes:,I planted just 4 Tomotillo plants one time and they "took opver my little garden and produced so many I couldn't keep up.
IMHO, you should take orders to GIVE them away when they start to come off the vine!!!!!LMAO:shock:
You may need to search recipes for salsa, you're gonna have a bunch:!::!::!:
:icon_cool

I have already talked to some people that might want some.:p

Back