THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SA_Scorpio

Knows what a fatty is.
After much research, especially on this awesome site, I decided to pull the trigger on a Pitmaker Safe. I placed the order back in early April and just picked it up yesterday just in time for Memorial Weekend. Here are a few pictures of my new toy!

6dd93acc-8ae1-45d5-a9db-901f0548e646_zps019405de.jpg

At Pitmaker shop in Humble, Texas....I did the ball valve's for air intakes thanks to the tips on this site!

IMG_00731_zpsc65868bd.jpg

Pitmaker has a nice size shop....back view for my fellow Spurs fans:wink:

IMG_00741_zpsdd603d7d.jpg

My first cook would have to be in the rain :cry:

fa730242-c3bb-4092-87ef-43d33aef1941_zps87e0ccf1.jpg

This pic is about 3 hours into the cook. I am able to maintain pit at a range of 250 to 275 fairly easy with the valve controls. More PRon to come from my new toy!
Thanks for looking!

I can't be any more jealous!!! That's exactly the smoker I want!:mrgreen::mrgreen:

Be sure to let us know how she goes! I'm trying to decide if mine will be of my beloved Stillers or maybe something a bit more nerdy before I'm too old to admit it.:laugh:

Thanks guys!! Here are a couple more pics from tonight.

IMG_00891_zps12fae86e.jpg

They tasted great, I just wish I had a better smoke ring.

IMG_00971_zpsb32a7a15.jpg

I need to work on my bark skills :sad:

Back